Playa Del Carmen


Advertisement
Published: March 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hola, quiet night in with free wifi so catching up on blogs. Left Cancun on the ADO bus which have all been really easy to work out and book. They are really comfy although they crank the aircon. Only took about an hour to Playa.

We had booked an awesome place run by a couple of hippies which was really quiet while being close to everything. 5th Ave is the main walking street full of restaurants, bars and shops. We fell in love with the place straight away. There are cheapish places right on the beach which is what Cancun lacked cos it was all resorts. We walked from one end of 5th ave to the other and then back via the beach. At one end you can watch the guys play beach volleyball. We sat and watched a game that got quite serious with 2 guys abusing each other in spanish. It looked like it might turn into a fight but the worst it got was them throwing the ball at each other all kicking ssnd at each other. Learnt that the symbol for wanker is universal. All 4 guys in the game we watched were really good.

So many places to choose from for dinner but we picked the place with the music cranking and sold beer buckets. We later discovered beer buckets were pretty common in Playa and we had more than we should have.

Checked out a shop that had soooo many different tequila types. We had bought a bottle in Cancun to drink by the beach and I was still put off from that. Next day we planned a day trip to Tulum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb