Tulum


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
April 11th 2010
Published: May 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tulum BeachTulum BeachTulum Beach

Our first sighting of the white sand and blue ocean.
After four days of ruins, history and sun parched landscape, we decided that it was time to head to the coast for some sun and sea. So leaving the state of Yucatun behind, we crossed into the state of Quinta Roo whose coast is lapped by the Caribbean Sea.

The town of Tulum is actually a few kilometres from the sea and so you need to catch a taxi or ride for some sun and sea. After finding a room in town we jumped in a taxi to see the beach. On arrival we were astounded by the fine white sand and beautiful blue sea. You could see many different shades of blue in the sea, from aqua to deep dark blue... quite a contrast to the stark white sand.

We had heard a lot about the cabanas, small basic huts, right on the beach in Tulum which you can rent, so we went to check them out. The cheapest we found was 500 pesos a night (about £27... above our small budget!) which didn’t include a bathroom and was a bit too rustic for our liking. Being out of town we were also limited for meals so we
RelaxingRelaxingRelaxing

Catching up on our books...
decided Tulum wasn’t exactly what we were looking for. We decided to stay for a couple of days and then continue further south down the coast to find our own piece of paradise.

So, we spent the next day and a half relaxing on the beach and catching up on our books. We also went for a two hour snorkelling tour out to the local reef. There was some good coral and marine life and we managed to see some of the Mayan ruins from the boat.

After two nights we headed south down the coast to see what other lovely beaches we could find.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Tulum RuinsTulum Ruins
Tulum Ruins

View from the snorkelling boat...
CoastCoast
Coast

Coming back into shore... as the clouds close in!
BarBar
Bar

Catching up on our blog over a beer and some corn chips...


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb