Ariba Ariba Mexicano


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
February 15th 2008
Published: February 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after finishing up n the internet last night i headed t my room and shwered and ralised my room overlooked a bar and that i had noisy Americans fr comany nex door, thank god i packed ear plugs, i set my alam for 6.40am and popped some sleeping aids and the next thing i knew it was 6.30am and no point lying till the alarm went off.

I got ready fairly sharpish and was at the bus terminal before 7am, the express was suppose to turn up around 7.20am, while i was there i got chatting to Jules and Laura, both british girls and working for an NGO (charity/raliegh expeditin type thing), Jules was giving Laura a send off as aura is headig back to Wales, also the was a group of danish travelers waiting on the bus.

Many buss´s came and went and eventually nearer 8am the express tured up and it was an old greyhound bus as appose t the chicken buss´s (chicken buss´s are old american school buss´s) and so we got on the bus and laura had three bags (not taveling so light...lol), i got to chatting with Laura and she is orignally from Hertford and now lives in Welshpool and she had come out to volunteer for 6 months and she has done this before a few years ago and this time some pople did nt gel and she did not ant to hang about, she had a flight frm Beize city in april and she could not change it and so she was getting a fight from Cancun and had a few spare days and was going to stay on Isa Mujeres instead of Cancun, afterall Cancun aint all that, unless your on spring break....lol.

So w chatted and two hours later we were in Belize city and i grabbed some snacks to keep me going and the was a chicken bus to Chetamul (were we both needed to go to get a connection), i helped Laura get her stuff on the bus. Belize city from what i saw was very colourful and a bit scruffy.

A guy got on a bus and i recognised him as he was one of the american guys on the pick up with me when i went volcano boarding in Leon. We chated breifly as he gt off near Belize airport to head home, for the next 4 or hours or so me and Laura chatted on and off in between snoozing.

We got to the border and it was nearly 20 dollars to get out of Belize and then fun with mr super happy at the mexican border.

Eventully we got to Chetamul bus station and Laura manged to get a ticket for the 2.30pm bus and me on missed out and had to get the 3.30pm Tulum bus, i said goodbye to Laura and wished a safe journey and she said the same.

I got some tortillas at the station and a bottle of water coming to the grand total of 6 dollars and the bus ticket about 15 dollars and s agian the Lonely Planet guide is wrong.....hehe.

So eventually just before 7pm i got to Tulum and got a dorm room sorted at the Weary Traveller hostel and i sprayed some repellant and chnged t0shirt and headed ut for some dinner and i had veggie huccaros (i think i spelt that wrong.....lol)

They cost me 25 pesos so about 2 dollars 50 cents and then for about 50 cents i got some bananas, so im trying to have my 5 a day......lol.

I had a wande along the street and saw a cool street band and then decided to hit the internet as per all the other travelers round here.

Well i think some chilling ut for a few hours is in order and then i will take the free beach shuttle bus from the Hostel to the beach tomorrow and do some serious R&R (Rest & Relaxation).

Adios Amigos, Buenos Noches


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb