Mexico - first stop Tulum


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Tulum
June 15th 2005
Published: June 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 31st May 2005 : Bye Bye Miami - Hola Mexico
Up early, taxi at 7am to catch the Tri-Rail train from Ft Lauderdale to Miami. Then Catch the shuttle bus to Miami Airport. Then find the correct terminal for American Airlines. We checked in with tons of time to spare. Flight to Cancun fine. Through customs and on to the bus for Playa Del Carmen en route to Tulum. The bus from PDC to Tulum was not so comy but it was OK.

Arrived at the Weary Traveller and they were full but had an option on a cabana 400 yards down the road at the Ranchero Tranquilo. The cabana was primitive but had mossie nets up already, and breakfast was included, and we were hot so we took it. (And the staff, Daniel and co, were very friendly and helpful).

Large library.

Charlie’s for tea.


Wednesday 1st June 2005 : Tulum Beach - Sunburn
Good breakfast. Cornflakes, lots of fruit and bread (though a little sweet) and lovely coffee.

Then off to the beach on the free bus.

The beach is brilliant. Sea good for swimming/playing without being dangerous.We found a little shade but caught too much sun despite lots of cream.

Spag for tea.

Few insect bites but nothing serious.


Thursday 2nd June 2005 : Tablets
Too much sun yesterday meant that no-one really felt like going out to the ruins. Never mind, Mexico is full of them.

Lazy day reading and eating.

Rory threw up - maybe the weekly anti-malarial chloroquine tablet

Booked a few nights in Merida at The Nest.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

More beachMore beach
More beach

If you look closely you can se the top of one of the Mayan pyramids in the distant trees.


Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 29; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb