Terri and Kate go to Mexico - Day 6


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Riviera Maya
October 1st 2008
Published: November 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 6 - Swimming with dolphins



This was the day we’d been really looking forward to as today we were going swimming with dolphins!

First though we made a quick breakfast stop at the Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya. This hotel has always been popular with our customers, it has a few pools, friendly staff, and good food (you know that’s what we’re looking for) Also it had the nicest beach we’ve seen so far with pure white sand stretching for miles. The resort is made of three hotels in one, which are all linked by a mini train service, so between the 3 hotsl there's plenty going on all the time.

Next we head off for Xcaret Eco Park. This park is huge, with so much to do. We’d paid the supplement to swim with dolphins so that’s where we headed first. This was truly a once in a lifetime experience and absolutely amazing. In small groups with a trainer you learn a bit about the dolphins and get to play with them in the water. It was magical. After that we went to pick up our lifejackets and snorkels for the underground river. This was definitely another highlight in a day of highlights and something we wouldn’t have thought of doing before, but floating along the natural meandering rivers through caves and tunnels was so peaceful and relaxing but energising at the same time. They even have a spa in a cave here, but we didn't get to try it.

After being in and out of the water the whole day we dried off and changed for the evening show. With drama, action, dance and music showcasing Mexico’s history, we were riveted throughout, but definitely ready for our beds after.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb