Mermaids, Morays & Miscreants (Morons)!


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

mañana del Viernes Santo or good morning FRIDAY!

8:05 am here our time and ANOTHER hot sunny day (just like home I hear). The beds are so comfy in this condo it's hard to wake ourselves to see the sunrise every am. But I did manage a short walk on the ocean to dip my toes in.

It occurred to me that the little shelled critter the Crab, is the mascot for the Cancer zodiac sign which makes sense with my love of water because I've got the Crab in me...(Now that just came out totally wrong). Crabs are quick to retreat into their shell if they feel threatened or annoyed. Hmmm, checkmark. And crabs have vice-like grips refusing to let go if they want or believe in something (checkmark). (Run for the hills Al while you still can...) Anyhow, I find it interesting how the Crab mirrors my personality...I've never taken the time to learn about my inner Crab but perhaps I won't investigate further for what I'll find out!

On another sunny note, Al spent his day yesterday out scuba diving with one-on-one instruction from Dave; a real treat to have his own instructor. Tomorrow he will be certified after a two tank dive! They went out off the reef yesterday and dove down 30-40 feet and he saw so much that his one comment was even if he saw no marine life, the coral itself is so amazing; especially the fire coral. For any of you that know the different parts of the reef here, he went to Moc Che which is known for its spectacular fish and the giant arch. See next blog for some photo examples.)

On the list of things he saw: angel fish, trumpet fish, cornet fish, sea urchin, squirrel fish (man those darn squirrels are taking over the world including the ocean 😉, moray and garden eels, lobster, stone fish (this is a new one for me), rainbow parrot fish, barracuda, and a Christmas tree worm. These are not worms as in what we think worms are but are rather segmented worms which construct sand. There are also feather duster worms and these worms live in tubes and normally a diver only views the filter feeding end of the worm. Dave snapped his fingers and the worms vanished instantly before their eyes back into the coral (Al said it was unbelievable). He saw these 3-sided fish with flat bottoms called "trunk fish" whick would shoot water to blow away the sand in order to grab food! Then he saw little round floating orange balls which are the babies of these trunk fish. There were a whole group of garden eels in the sand, and had long black tentacles and when Al approached the tentacles slowly disappeared into the sand. Aw Al, you are turning into a regular Jacques Cousteau!

While Al was out with his Christmas tree worms (smile), we were holding the fort, getting groceries, eating, swimming and Kels & Lara wrapped themselves in sand with Lara making Kels into a mermaid. Their artwork drew much attention on the beach. So I'm sitting on our balcony watching them and it hit me; OMG, sand fleas! I got bitten only twice this trip and let me tell you, it hurt, itched, and blistered & bubbled, from just one little bite. As I've mentioned before, sand fleas aren't fleas but more precicely an actual invisible shore-dwelling little mole crab that can sting poor unsuspecting beach goers. So Al ran down the beach to warn the girls to get out of the sand and hit the ocean hopefully to wash them off. I hope they aren't in pain today; these can get pretty serious if you have lots of bites.

Speaking of pain (gosh I love a good lead in!)...Luna Encantada where we're staying is typically a quiet oceanfront condo complex. Quiet other than that ONE annoying kid that was born just to annoy me by slapping a pool noodle loudly (haha) but that's tolerable compared to what's been going on around here since a large group moved in here about a week ago. There must be 25 of them and they are here for a wedding. It had been so relaxing here; families, couples hanging out doing their own thing but this group has just gotten more intrusive and obnoxious as the beer cans piled up during the week.

Yesterday was the worst, yelling and throwing around a football in the pool, and oh wait, gettig out of the pool, running down to the ocean and hauling the football from there over people's heads and throwing it to the other twits in the pool without a care or concern they could badly injure another guest. Booze & flying objects; not a good combination. It hit one poor kid & all I can say is thank god it wasn't our kids. Add in 25 people eating, smoking and drinking in the pool and you've got yourselves a recipe for disaster. ("Miscreants" means evil villains, wrongdoers)

Rory begged us to go swimming so Al & I had to haul ourselves to the pool to supervise her and Ava all while gritting our teeth. They must have multiplied as they filled the entire pool but who knows; they are all a carbon copy of the next one. Frankly they looked like the crew of Jersey Shore that reality show where they are all tanned within a folicle of their life, with tattoos, big hair, big muscles, chewing gum, spitting, snorting, flexing, (and that's only the women in their group ;()

So I ask them to "play nice and make room for the kids" and you'd think I asked them to name their first offspring after me. They certainly in no way made the kids feel welcome and I told Rory to go for it and do her flips into the pool. Now they've picked up the football tossing it from the length of the pool AND their girlfriends decide they'd toss a tennis ball across the pool in the opposite direction; now we've got a cirque de soleil of balls zinging over the kids heads. It was like Spring Break Part 2. All the parents were upset because basically we were being run out of the pool by a big group of bullies. Not gonna have that. So I leave and go tell the guard and he's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. Nobody wanted to deal with the problem.

So finally I email Tonya and she's ripping mad at the goings on and the late night partying etc. and says she'll email the guests. Everyone is here to have a good time but this isn't a party resort; it's a nice condo resort for both couples and families with everyone respecting everyone else's space and privacy. Al & I were so ticked off I'm sure our faces were beat red. Finally they hit the ocean for a bit but then came back to shower us with more of their hillbilly antics shortly thereafter. Made me think of Forest Gump when he said, "Stupid is as stupid does".

Our evenig was much nicer; Al & I to went for our little anniversary dinner back to AJUA MAYA where we held our wedding reception. This place always impresses us with their big greeting & royal treatment. I love that they carry our drinks to us on their heads! Or a glass of wine holding it on 3 fingertips?! I'd love to learn that dinner party trick! I ordered a 7 ounce grilled lobster tail, baked potato and fresh steamed veggies. Al had a tableside flambed steak with a corn truffle brandy-cabernet sauce. It was one of the best steaks he has had, with exception of the times we've been there before. Miguel our waiter was so much fun, and we'll be back there as much as we an. It is worth every dime too so we'll keep it as our special place to dine. It's a place that holds a special memory where we shared our wedding with family and friends.

AJUA Maya actually has our wedding online; I completely forgot about that. If you wish to take a peek here goes!

http://ajuaweddings.com/blog/2008/01/10/sally-allan%!C(MISSING)2%!B(MISSING)4s-civil-ceremony-22-attendees/

Today we are hoping to go snorkeling to another town. We just want to escape any further incidents at the pool. By the way, is there an antihistamine you can take for an allergy to morons? Anyone??? That old quote "If idiots could fly the sky would be like an airport" could be applied here.

(PS Tonya sent those annoying guests an email warning if they kept up their bad behavior she would evict them. Wicky's the beachfront restaurant was hosting their wedding & Tonya and her husband have an affiliation and contacts so they've got those twits in a vice grip by their delicates if they don't smarten up...HMMM? Remember that crab and her vice grip??? Don't mess with my kids Jersey Show wanna be's. PSS the father of the bride just came and apologized to us. That was classy I have to say.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



7th July 2012

Celebratory vacation?
OK, Canada Day, Mexican election, Independance Day, Sally's birthday and now Anniversary. Any more events to celebrate before you head home?
7th July 2012

Celebratory vacation
HA, that's my point; we are trying to figure out what we can celebrate next!!! There's a fair here with rides so I guess we'll celebrate and go to that!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb