Tuesday Around Town


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
January 23rd 2013
Published: January 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We head out on our scooter with no real destination in mind other than to pop by the barber shop to see about a haircut for Ian, but the shop is closed. After almost eight weeks here, we drive around like nothing on streets that might have scared us a bit when we first got here. We feel very comfortable, we know our way around, it's almost like a second home at this point.

We come across a kids soccer game in progress at the main outdoor sports complex in San Miguel. There's a large fan base in attendence consisting of school mates, parents and even a band. The kids playing are very good. The fans are very loud. Soccer is taken very seriously here. Unfortunately the game is near the end by time we arrive, but it's still really cool to be part of this experience.

The sports complex is clean and modern, everything is painted in the colors of Mexico. There's a soccer field, baseball field, swimming pool, tennis courts, basketball courts and playground.

We hop back on the scooter and head down 65th. We smell the delicious smoke from El Billy's barbeque from over a block away. They offer beef, chicken and ribs. They also barbeque onions whole and those are great. Ian picks up a few dollars worth of beef and an onion.

We have to return our scooter at lunch time so we hang around the pool for a while. Then walk over to the movie theatre to catch a late afternoon matinee, The Life of Pi, what a great movie! It's about an East Indian boy who is raised in a zoo, then his parents decide to move to Canada with some of their animals, but a storm comes up and the boat sinks on the way. The boy is left in a lifeboat with an adult bengal tiger. I don't want to say any more other than it's very well done, a super story. 4.5 stars. Definitely see it if you get the chance.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.1kb