Bored with Paradise? Heck No!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
January 22nd 2013
Published: January 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ian gets up early and takes the scooter for a run around the Island, then stops in at a little hole in the wall restaurant for breakfast while I write our blog and do a little cleaning around the condo. Then we run out to pick up a few groceries.

My arms are pretty sore from all the golfing yesterday since I'm not used to swinging the clubs so many times. After a nice shrimp and avacado salad for lunch here at the condo, we head back out to Paradise Beach on our scooter.

Paradise is still my favorite beach for a number of reasons. The grounds and amenities are plentiful and immaculate. There's a restaurant, two bars, a few shops, two rest room areas complete with showers and change rooms, locker rentals, large heated swimming pool, snorkel rentals, kyack rentals, paddle board rentals, blow up toys in the ocean, massage tent, para-sailing and snorkel tours. Although we don't eat anything here today, I also think their food is the best of the lot. We pay $2 for entrance, but then the waiters don't hound us to purchase anything else, unlike some of the other beach clubs where waiters are constantly hovering. There's no rocks or piles of shells to walk over getting into the ocean. The beach chairs are pretty comfortable. It's also great for people watching. We hear all different kinds of languages being spoken and see people wearing bathing suits and bikinis that really don't suit their figures, but who cares? It's paradise and you can wear whatever you want!

We don't bring our snorkel gear today since the north wind is still blowing stirring things up, that's supposed to change by tomorrow. We spend a few hours lounging in the sun, Ian takes a nap while I read my book. It's hot and sunny today, 29C, so we both take a few dips in the ocean before showering and changing to head back.

We pop down to our pool for a quick swim and to say hi to our neighbors before heading over to watch sunset. Then we barbeque some hamburgers and chicken, hamburgers for tonight, chicken for tomorrow. We are really enjoying the flavour of the food we get from the briquette barbeque. We use a propane gas grill barbeque at home, which is more covenient, but you don't get the same flavour. I bet we'll end up getting briquette barbeque now that we're hooked.

We'll be going home in less than two weeks, which is what we need to do, but we will dream of this place and wish we were still here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb