Harley Heaven


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cozumel
December 29th 2012
Published: December 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

There is nothing Ian and I can do to stop Gord and Marty from renting Harley's, we try to talk them out of it but there's no use. All you need is a valid driver's license and a credit card. Gord gets a bigger one while Marty gets a smaller one. Leaving the parking lot, Gord proceeds to stall his bike, Marty pops the clutch on his and ends up going out into traffic the wrong way which scares the crap out of him. He manages to turn around and they both slowly make their way a couple of blocks back to the condo trying to look as cool as possible I'm sure.

Their first mission is to take their laundry to the laundry mat about 5 blocks away. Somehow Gord loses his key there, so some locals are helping him look for it and laughing. They finally find it hanging on the side of his bike.

Ian rents a scooter from next door, something we've been wanting to try, and we head out to look for the boys towards the laundrymat. On the way, we see them coming the other way, so we turn around. They are going so slow we think we might catch up and pass them on our scooter.

We end up meeting at the condo parking lot, then we all head out towards the beach. We figure it will be a better way to go to head south to the roads that are for scooters and motorcycles only and speed limits are 30 Km. Gord and Marty are obviously both very nervous, but they're smiling from ear to ear and having the time of their life. We make it out to Paradise Beach about 10 kms away, there are 7 cruise ships here today, so the beach is so packed with people that we have trouble even finding chairs together. We settle on a shady spot on the beach near the back. We notice they both have burns on their legs from the exhuast pipes of the motorcycles - the price for being cool I suppose. We stay at the beach for a few hours, its cloudy with sunny breaks. Then we head back to the condo while Gord & Marty head out to drive around the Island on their Harleys.

We hear a knock at the door and it's the lady from the Harley shop looking for the boys as they are supposed to bring them back by 5 pm, we all thought they would get to keep them until the morning, we told her we would pass along the message when they return. They show up around 5:30 pm, no damage to them or the bikes - thank goodness! Then they return the Harleys having had a great day and something they will never forget. Now all they talk about is buying themselves a Harley when they get home.

Since we have been eating in the condo every day, and they leave tomorrow or Sunday, we decide to go out for a nice lobster dinner at La Lobsteria. Marty has never had lobster before so he is in for a treat. The lobsters are so big we share two large tails. I can't eat all mine and end up bringing half home, maybe make some lobster stuffed mushrooms tomorrow.

The boys head out to meet up with some girls, no suprize. As usual, Ian and I stay home and watch some tv and go to bed early.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb