Schmoozing, bluesing & cruising with those Darn Dangerous Binkleys Part 2: The Naked Hug


Advertisement
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Costa Maya
August 9th 2015
Published: August 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Schmoozing, bluesing & cruising with those Darn Dangerous Binkleys Part 2: The Naked Hug. When I attend a blues gig I want to get down and dirty. I want the music to crawl up my arms...wrap itself around my head and burrow in. To scorch my skin...excite my soul...to approach love. And when you get into emotions like love...you can be begging for heartache. 'Cause there's no such a thing as a ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 78, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




9th August 2015

Dave night
You guys must've had a really fun time - I almost felt like I was there! It must be fun writing these blogs and reliving it again. I love the idea of "Dave Night"!
9th August 2015

Dave night
'Twas a blast Rachael. Never a dull moment. Those Darn Binkleys were the perfect travel companions. More stories to come...then the music!
10th August 2015
MJ, Stephanie & David

Those Darn Binkleys.
Those Darn Binkleys do sound like a lot of fun, however, that Stephanie person made me do a push-up! Is Stephanie aware of 'Las Gaffas' the goggle game from Ecuador? If so - great she got me with her goggles. If not, the rules to the game are fairly simple... By goggling someone (see photo) they must then do a push up where-ever they are and what ever they are doing. To block oneself from being goggled one must have their hand or finger touching their chin before being goggled. To join the game you must goggle someone who is already in the game - once in the game you are in it for life. I am not sure of the rules regarding inadvertent goggling? There are also no winners or losers - so it's not really a game... So yes those Darn Binkleys are Dangerous - but so is Stephanie! Keep dancing and keep blogging. Yet another Dave (and Theresa)
10th August 2015
MJ, Stephanie & David

Those Darn Binkleys.
Delighted to hear from another Dave. But to join the exclusive club you need a prefix name beginning with "D". Five are taken so what is yours? I'll see if I can contact Stephanie to find out if she is a persistent or occasional goggler. She's from Utah I recall and Debbie was from Nevada. They'll feature in the next blog for a quite different reason. Thanks for commenting by the way...and sharing in the fun of our hi-jinx while cruising the blues.
10th August 2015
MJ, Stephanie & David

Disco Dave
Believe it or not! I was Disco Dave between 2002 and 2006 when I worked for Dragoman, a British overlanding company. In 2013 when I started working down in the southern polar regions, I met one of my colleagues from Dragoman and my my alias was reinstated in the Expedition Ship industry. My colleague is called Dangerous Dave... I am Disco Dave. However, I am not challenging you to a dance...
10th August 2015
MJ, Stephanie & David

Disco Dave...It's Your Lucky Day
Always knew the Dave Night would go viral. Welcoming Disco Dave to the Mothership. Track just for you posted on ROCK TIL YA DROP in the World Music Forum. As we're in the Week of the Letter "P"...gotta be Parliament of course. Get into it!
11th August 2015

We have the hottest groupies on the ship...
Please explain?
11th August 2015

We have the hottest groupies on the ship...
Yeh. We think so!
11th August 2015

stoop down baby
To Dancing Dave from your Dancing Queen - thanks for the memories...btw- just love Popa Chubby's "Stoop Down Baby " one of his best
11th August 2015

stoop down baby
From the CD Booty & the Beast...great track...get into it...where I discovered the New York bluesman known as Popa Chubby. Fanoration...who could blame me?
11th August 2015

Popped Cherry
This blog was fun, I still have a smile on my face. What I loved was that I could see and hear you in my mind telling me the story with your usual excitement. What a privilege to be part of this special Popping of Dancing Dave's Cherry. You rock.
15th August 2015

Popped Cherry
When I first read this I thought oh dear...what was Anita thinking I did? But then I pictured your cheeky grin...and remembered with Denise's help...that I'd just told the tale of how I got lei'ed!!!
15th August 2015

In the company of the Dangerous One
I feel certain that MJ will never forget the Naked Hug. Such great memories......we need to get the band back together!
15th August 2015

In the company of the Dangerous One
Only MJ can know her memories of that defining moment...when I slipped 'tween her and Popa Chubby...no Dangerous One to be seen. There should be a song written about it. I agree...any excuse to get the band back together.
16th August 2015

Caribbean magic and blues till dawn
MJ here-- an amazing trip it was. The people, the music, the experience were all top notch but to be in the company of the dancing one and his bride was superb !! The image of "the hug" will be seared into my mind forever. I was so happy for the dancing one....dreams fulfilled are treasured moments. Let's book another musical trip in a magic land...name the location and we will meet you there. One day Disco Dave and Theresa will have to join us on an adventure. Looking forward to seeing all our friends in January when we make the voyage again.
16th August 2015

Caribbean magic and blues till dawn
"The image of 'the hug' will be seared into my mind forever"...brilliant MJ. For me 'twill be Popa's words in my ear and your mirth when the deed was done...priceless!!!
16th August 2015
Dancing & Definitely Dangerous

Dangerous levels of awesome!
Keep the flow going and spread that TB love all over the world!
16th August 2015
Dancing & Definitely Dangerous

Dangerous levels of awesome!
Doing our best to spread the TB love around the globe Per-Olof...many TBers like your good self doing their bit. As this story tells...I'm still to perfect the hugging thing!
16th August 2015
Getting ready for tonight

Photo op
You need to show the photo of Denise in the wee hours with Tab Benoit!
17th August 2015
Getting ready for tonight

Photo op
Denise with Tab Benoit? MJ with Tab Benoit? I leave those pics to only share with those on the ship!!!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb