Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
March 2nd 2015
Published: March 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Very peaceful to read on our private balcony after breakfast. Later in the morning we headed out to explore Isla Mujeres. Taxi to Puerto Juarez (40p, $2.80), then a ferry to the island (300p, $21 for two tickets, including return). We sat on the open top deck for the half hour ride, and were entertained by a Mexican singer with his guitar.

There are many more scooters and golf carts than cars on Isla Mujeres. Narrow stone streets, colorful buildings, many craft shops for the tourists. The island is quite narrow, with just a few streets. Easy to walk around in a short time. We walked out to the east shore. Gorgeous aqua blue water, waves splashing up on the rocks, cool sea breeze. Several very private hotels here. Took many photos. The beach has very fine soft sand at the northern tip. Much warmer here as we walked around the top of the island. Looked like a fun place for kids, some deeper little pools of water right near the shore.

Found the market area for lunch. A hamburger and fish tacos at Luncheria Alexis y Giovanny. Very good. Another walk through town, then back to the ferry. We snagged the very front row seats on the open top deck going back to Puerto Juarez. Fantastic view! As we got into the terminal, the taxis here back to downtown Cancun were over twice the amount coming out. But we were told the prices were cheaper outside the terminal. By exiting the terminal area we got back for 50p instead of 90p.

Bob was in his hammock this afternoon. Great place to read. A short walk this evening through the market area and a stop at a grocery for a light dinner. Full moon out tonight. A taxi driver we passed said, "Taxi? Only $10. Where are you going?" That made us laugh. Pedometer read 4.3 miles at end of day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb