Between North and Central America


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca
October 11th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Minneapolis on Friday morning, September 18. One day to Branson, Mo for the Dionne Warwick concert on Saturday night. Sunday drive through Arkansas to Hot Springs. Monday we drove to Austin, TX and Tuesday to South Padre Island. We entered Mexico at the small Los Indios border crossing between Brownsville and Mc Allen on Wednesday and spent that night in Ciuadad Victoria.

Thursday was the first whole day in Mexico and we visited El Ciello biosphere reserve for two days and nights. Saturday we drive to Xilitla, St Louis Potosi in the area called the Huasteca.

Bear in mind that this whole time it is raining. Tired of the wet we crossed the mountains and after one night at a local hot springs, drove all the way to Oaxaca City on the autopista or toll road.

After two nights in Oaxaca city we drove the twisty and curvy mountain road to the pacific coast where we have been been for some days now relaxing at the beach where for the most part it has been steaming hot and humid. In fact the only reason that I decided to publish this update is that we found an airconitioned internet cafe in Hualtulco so I thought I would get this out there to those interested.

We are plannng our big push to the town of San Cristobal de las Casas Chiapas, Mexico which it seens is actually in Central America. After that it is on to Guatamala. With all that we have done and seen so far it is hard to believe that we have not actually left North America yet!

Stay tuned!





Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb