Roastin in tha Boca... (hot stuff!)


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca
February 10th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The cap and IThe cap and IThe cap and I

at 200 kim per hour we crossed the valley of darkness to enter the land of angels and seafood. manuel was the captain to the torpedo.
Ok, so we leave oaxaca with with a smile and start our (more than adventurous) journey to the darkness of the world, gods blindspot... chiapas!

First day at salina cruz was terrible, a city invaded by a port. i couldnt be asked to take pictures because it was just such a horrible place. we stayed in the most cranky house in town and just ran out of there the next day. we were travelling south through the coasts of oaxaca when we decide to take a little detour to sleep at the beach. we spot a random place in the map and direct our asses towards the unknown. (piano comes in, followed by the organ)... this place was called "boca del cielo". (piano stops, quick silence and angle opens)

As our two heroes drive a view opens to reveal the island of the angels. The moment got spoiled by no parking, and an 80 pesos crazy fare to cross to the other side and the odd drunk screaming some religious stuff i could never start to understand. so we cross with hopes of staying in the palapa (wodden house in te beach) of some spanish girl, but it was
heroesheroesheroes

this is how heroes look when they rest. look and learn guys, coz there coming back!
full. Manuel, the captain of the boat tels us he can rent us his house for 100 pesos. so we ended up staying there, with his family. They were really cool people, fisherman family with a little restaurant run by the mama. In a kitchen as dirty as hells bathrooms the most incredible seafood was prepared. God exists, and he chills at boca del cielo, with his homeboy jesus.

anyway, we were naked at the beach all day because there were like 10 people in 3 km of beach, and managed to burn our asses as if we had a bathroom made of burning charcoal. Still went naked to the beach to finish it off.

3 days of nothing to do ends up boaring anybody (except the odd hippie, yes, you, hippies eat that) so we decided to leave manuels family and continue to the next beach... different story.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Drunken dudeDrunken dude
Drunken dude

This is manuel, the most drunk guy on the island. we gave him mezcal and he ended up singing mariachi style.
Drunk bastard 2Drunk bastard 2
Drunk bastard 2

Fabio and manuel, who was the cousin of manuel. I guess they could be more original with their naming. or they just thought we were stupid. still, we didnt forget their names.
palapa dayspalapa days
palapa days

this is a view of the area. to the right our palapa and in front the restaurant. nothing more, nothing less.
Were of to find the...Were of to find the...
Were of to find the...

Thats me and my ego, were both good buddies so i didnt want to forget about him here.
the kids and manuels familythe kids and manuels family
the kids and manuels family

Ohhhhhhh. see girls, i can also be a responsible adult, look how cute. wedding propositions click here
Little terroristsLittle terrorists
Little terrorists

Manuels kids, dont trust their angelical faces, they were little devil projects, i cracked up all the time with them watching extreme telenovels.
Manuels other familyManuels other family
Manuels other family

who lived next door. he could have a football team. i guess when you get bored... ay ay ay manuel.
JazminJazmin
Jazmin

cute little girl who didnt know how to walk. just ran everywhere. she fell in the xtasi pot.
FireFire
Fire

and me.
Fabios assFabios ass
Fabios ass

Yeah, thats right, he burned his ass and asked me to take a picture, i havent talked to him since.
coocking fishcoocking fish
coocking fish

back to the roots.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb