Sun, Sea, Sand and Rain


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
July 21st 2006
Published: July 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

The proofThe proofThe proof

Mary really did make it here! And I am tanned!

From the sooty city to the sticky coast. Mary and I opted for the cheater-option and flew (on the Mexican version of easyjet called Click) to Puerto Escondido for Mary´s first Pacific Ocean visit.
Honestly, there´s not alot to report from here really. We went out to a bar with some people from our youth hostel, which is sandy, hot and noisy; spent the mornings on the beach going a nice northern-European shade of pink; walked the pretty coastal path to the next beach along; took a boat which made me feel incredibly sick to see some sea turtles (which Mary can probably give you a better report of as I was staring persistantly at the horizon - no photos of this as they are on our non-stealable disposable camera); sat in an Italian cafe for several hours waiting for the tropical rain to pass; went bodyboarding - which I just about mastered and was really fun; spent ages online booking places for the rest of the trip as everything is packed now for the summer hols.
And really that´s about it.
On to San Cristobal de las Casas ...


I can´t believe that when I wrote this originally I forgot to tell you all about the awful youth hostel. Well the youth hostel itself was ok apart from being hot and sandy - as you might expect in the tropics on a beach. However, the people in my room were awful! I will describe them here so if you ever have the chance to avoid them you can, or so if you realise I´m talking about you you will now know what a horrible room-mate you are. A French girl from Paris came back at about 3 in the morning and unable to walk fell out of her bed while vomitting all over the floor then precided to bang the doors and turn on and off the light and fan whilst trying to haul herself to her feet.
A danish guy with an over-tanned body and sillyly bleached hair had to switch on the main light everytime he went to the loo even if it was 4 in the morning and everyone else was asleep, the 2nd night he seemed to mutter to himself all night, then when we got up in the morning we realised he hadn´t been muttering to himself. A Danish girl did´t check out of her room early enough and so her bed linin wasn´t changed before the next person came to sleep in it - she had been there 10 days! And finally, a girl that was in our room before us had left an IV drip hanging from the ceiling complete with small amount of fluid left in bag and used needle on the end - gave that one a WIDE berth!
Mary and I have switched to a hotel in the next few places. So excited about a private bathroom!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.2043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb