Puerto Escondido


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
June 28th 2011
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Bus Journey



The overnight bus journey wasnt too bad, when we got on the bus a little girl probably around 7 years old was sitting in my seat, so i had to use my best spanish to say my seat and show her whos boss, after bullying a small child out of a seat I started to watch Twilight in Spanish, which I assume I found more interesting than if it was in English, I managed to sleep for the majority of the journey, though we were sat right by the toilets and got a disgusting whiff everytime someone opened the door.

Puerto Escondido



We were greeted at our hostel by an empty front desk, and walked around for a bit and managed to find the cleaner, who spoke no English and seemed to have no idea that we were arriving, we went back to the front desk and waited, questioning whether to look for somewhere else, but we spotted our names on the desk so knew we had a booking so we waited. Eventually Steve the hostel manager (he is a crazy English guy who has lived in Mexico for years and knows absolutely nothing about running a hostel, he is a good laugh though as hes, very chilled out, always pissed and loves playing pool). He briefly showed us where the best beaches were on the map and we set off to find one of them. After walking for about 20 minutes in blistering heat, we thought we had found the entrance to the beach, the path required us to go down steep slopes and dodgy terrain so took us ages. When we got to the beach we thought we must have made a mistake as the beach was almost empty and the sea was far too rough to swim in. After a few hours chilling at the beach we headed back to the Hostel and just relaxed for the rest of the day as we were still feeling pretty ill and were demolishing the toilet. The set up of the rooms were very odd i was on a crappy sofa bed, Wilko's bedroom had the shower and toilet in, with the smallest divide possible and bayman had a tiny separate building to himself.

The next day we spoke to Steve and realised we had gone to the wrong beach, so we decided to check out the beach he had recommended, it was far better than the first beach, as it was perfect for swimming in and there were two incredibly hot surfer girls, with perfect bodies to provide entertainment, we spent the whole day at the beach and eventually headed back to the hostel, we arranged to meet up with Hannah and Eamon, the Aussie couple we met in Mexico City, but Wilko couldn't make it as he was too ill, he tried to take some rehydration powder with powerade and instantly threw up all over the hammocks below us, fortunately no one was sitting on them.

So just me and Bayman went to meet up with the Aussies, we went to a small bar that was offering 2 for 1 on cocktails so had a few drinks there before going to a very strange but quite cool reggae club, we were told the party would start properly at 11pm, but no one arrived till at least 12am, the club was full of Aussie chavs or bogans as they call them and we still didn't feel too great so didn't stay for too long before heading back and waking up Wilko by taking a massive dump!

On our last day we were caught up in a big storm, with torrential rain all day, we just had to stay in the hostel and chill out, playing a bit of pool and trying not to get soaked, the hostel staff member got a little animated as thhe pool area looked like it was going to flood and she kept saying a tropical storm was coming so it was definately a good day to leave.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb