The Big Fish and Surfing!!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
March 20th 2010
Published: March 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Marlin!The Marlin!The Marlin!

The big catch of the season!
Right now, no pictures, will post when I get home and receive pictures from other folks.

Thursday, 7 of the guys went really early to go fishing with Martin. Just as 6 of us were getting ready to walk over to the surfing store for our lesson, a call came in the boys were soon to arrive on the beach with a marlin they just caught! Our villas were buzzing with excitement! After heading over to the surf shop and finding out our lesson would be down on our beach, we headed down...and there were the guys! The marlin weighed over 100 kg..and close to 6 feet long! It took all of the guys to reel him in...and to bash him over the head with a bat a few times (now can you imagine the girls catching a marlin??? hmmm, yes we could have done it!!). The marlin was taken down to the point and fillet, after many pictures taken!

At the same time 6 of us signed up for surf lessons. 3 instructors, we were given land lessons on how to stand on the board, seems easy. Very similar to yoga to get in positions. We started paddling
The ones' who caught the fish!The ones' who caught the fish!The ones' who caught the fish!

Oh, what a catch!!! The 7 guys who made it out fishing!!!
out (that's the hardest to do, is the paddling out to the surf). The instructors would stand behind us, and tell us when to paddle, give us a big push and yell for us to stand! The first wave, and I was off, standing, and right in front of me, was Hattie's husband, Justin and I rode right over him! It is something to be able to say I rode a wave! All of us did! A real high.

Afterwards, Nancy (she went to an awesome yoga class with Asha), Dave and I went over to the other hotel to meet Barry, Melissa and Lil (Meg's dad, stepmom and grandmother) and Meg to go out for lunch at the El Cafecita!

Back for a siesta in the heat of the day. Around Sunset, the fish was being cooked, mojitos made, salsa made...for fish tacos (the marlin) before heading out for a pub crawl! Met everyone at Casa Babylon at Playa Zicatela for Mojitos. After a while we walked over to Oh Lala on the beach for dancing! It was beautiful to sit out on the beach under the stars, and hear the surf pounding on the shore! A beautiful night.

2 am, headed back to the Villa for some zzzz's. (Nancy left earlier). We heard afterwards, some folks stayed out until 4 and 5...and there was one person who went skinny dipping (Mark) and his friends took his clothes for about 1/2 hour!).




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Our lessonOur lesson
Our lesson

Dry land first, don't we look sooo professional???
Going out to surf?Going out to surf?
Going out to surf?

I'm wondering where my board is!


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb