Sunshine and Rain


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Puerto Escondido
June 11th 2008
Published: June 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

View from hotelView from hotelView from hotel

Main beach at San Agostinillo, Mexico
Buenas Dias...its Tracey, Nick is currently attempting to top up his tan, apparently i have been banned from sunbathing as in Nicks eyes i look native, therefore i am going to do a quick travel blog in hope he catches up and we can stop having comparing sessions.

Firstly i´d like to clarify something Nick mentioned in his last blog about him being "machine like" in predicting the weather. What actually happens is...Nick sees some darkish clouds in the distance, he will then go out on to the balcony to check the size and fierceness of the waves, then he takes the towels in that are airing on the balcony and declare a tropical storm is coming. I get sent to the shops immediatly for "provisions" and we wait...sometimes we have waited hours and sometimes days for the rain to come! When it is rainy season over here would make sense that at some point it will rain. In Nicks defense, he did say the other night that it would thunder by the time we went to bed...which it did..so perhaps he could be the next Michael Fish!

Anyways, we are back in Puerto Escondido. We have had two
Stormy skiesStormy skiesStormy skies

One of my famous ´not a storm´storms brewing...
days of constant rain (Naturally predicted by Nick...about a week ago!), which actually was a bonus as it meant we could stay in and watch all the euro games guilt free. But now the skys are clear blue and the sun is once again shining on us, and we are alternating watching the football with swimming and sunbathing!

I´m sure you will all be pleased to know that Nick is now a pro surfer! as he "rode a wave" (not sure if that is technically correct) at least 10 times in a row during his final lesson....well thats what he´s telling me. And i dont mean the Mexican pipeline wave, Nick goes around the corner where they are less than 10ft tall! We have also been watching long boarding which is facinating to watch. You see a guy standing up on a 12 foot board with a great big paddle, quietly bobbing around, taking his time, letting the waves swell beneath him, then all of a sudden you see some rapid paddling and the guy is riding at speed a huge wave, should he slow down...the paddle picks up speed again and away he goes. Great fun!

So,
Not so stormy skiesNot so stormy skiesNot so stormy skies

Lancha on the beach, San Agostinillo.
we are are going to be here maybe another week, and then next thursday we will head to Acapulco and spend a few days there to party in style for Nicks birthday. We are also going to watch the cliff divers which i cant wait to see. From there we are heading further up the coast for a couple of weeks, before we head east to go white water rafting and from there it is the slightly upsetting thought about coming home. Not that we cant wait to see you all, but we have to start getting all serious and work-e-fied again. However, i´m not thinking about that now, for now i am going to go and check Nick hasnt melted away in the sun.

Happy Birthday to my mum and Johnathon tomorrow (12th June), we hope you both have lovely days...the presents are in the post...honest!

Much love
Tracey


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Mexi-PipeMexi-Pipe
Mexi-Pipe

Much better at surfing than me.......
Mexi-PIPELINEMexi-PIPELINE
Mexi-PIPELINE

Throwing some pa´retty sweet moves there sonny...
Longboard ManLongboard Man
Longboard Man

Got my board off this guy. How i rue not having a better lens, gggrrrrr


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb