VIVA MEXICO


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Mazunte
June 4th 2008
Published: June 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bom Dia,

This may get cut short. I have become almost machine like in the prediction of the weather, and this afternoons forecast looks like big ass storm to me....

We moved on from Guatemala via the most boring coach journey yet; just flat and dull, though it did pick up some points as two people got off the bus at the border, went into a holding room and we didnt see them again....

We worked our way to Oaxaca (wha haa ka) via 2 flights with Aviacsa. Our first flght with them ages ago was cool brill as we got a sandwhich and al sorts, but tacey was very upset as we only got some rubbish snacks on uor latest 2 flights. Bad form Aviacsa... is funny as they announce everything in English as well, obviously just for the gringos benefit, bless us.

Best car seen since the low rider taxi in belice - a beetle police car in Tapachula.
Best game of football seen so far, BOCA v. FLUMINESE. i was desperate for the brazilians to win, but the commentators so wasnt, Boca got the usual goooooooollllllllll chant, whilst the feisty brazilians got a rather down beat gool.

You may remember i mentioned Mexicos love of tumulos..road humps. In Oaxaca, theyre serious, and theyre called REDUCTORS, which springs ideas of footballing analogies involving hackers and reducers, but then i get side tracked by finding a Mexican; ¡¡LO SIENTO PARA SVEN!!! I cant believe that empty shell of a man has managed to bribe is stinky ass into another job!

Oaxaca was a nce enough place as well, if you could look past the graffiti. honestly, it was almost like they had done it on purpose, 99% of the buildings were covered in the stuff. It looks good or ok when its done well, but trust me, most of this wasnt. We did a day trip to the ancient sit eof MONTE ALBAN as well; which was really big, with great views from its hilltop vantage point, and the weather was fantastic, not too hot, nice breeze, happy days.

What followed was another bus journey from the darkside. 7 or so hours of up, down, left, right, brake hard, etc etc. They are so frustrating as you can almost see your destination, but the roads are just so circuitous. I recommend tunnels and bridges.

Our destination was Puerto Escondido on the Pacific Coast, home of the Mexican pipeline, a very angry wave. We only really saw more of a slightly peeved one, but we are going back that way for a few more days anyway, purposely to get a TV and watch Ronaldo bottle the Euros and Spain to win it.

We stayed in what could have been an amazing place, Tower Bridge hostel. Nice pool, table tennis, pool, nice looking rooms. unfortunately, our room had a problem wth roaches and ants the size of my nose. twas so annoying, especially as it seemed to only be ours! The owner was a prize buffoon as well; an ignorant loud know it all; so instead of staying for a good couple of weeks we cut it short; we did have a tv though, and had a few tv party nights with another couple drinking and watching bad films, which is all cable here really has if you dont like fat hicks playing rounders which i dont.

We headed down the coast to find somewhere for some rafting. In true DONUT fashion, i didnt do my research too good, and we neednt have gone where we went as there is some later on in the trip that is much much better as well, so we overshot our mark a bit, but we did have a night of aircon which in these parts is like candy to us kids.

We are now in SAN AGOSTINILLO, and its an awesome little place. One road town with a few shops and hotels and restuarants, backed by jungle hills with the odd palm thatched hut standing sentinal, long stretch of beech curving its way into the sea. Its just down the road from a place called Mazunte, which is meant to be the place to be, but in our opinion is no way near as nice, be it the beach or the road itself. Can imagine it being very very different in another ten years. Just down the road is a place called Zipolite where all the washed up drug cases go and break there brains some more, so we may go there just for some people watching, we will have to see.

Problem here is though that I had a near death experience in the waves. Most of them look tame, but every so often ones about 8ft swell up a bit further out. Good idea to go out to them on your booge board i hear you cry? so i did, and it just so happened i pulled onto the face of something HUGE, and i nearly got vertigo looking down at the sea below me. I thought it was gong fairly well for all of about 5 seconds, when i tried to turn a bit and just heard an almighty crash behind and on top of me, and it was the last think i knew for about 30 seconds, and i was literally on my last piece of air before i scrambled up, at least i just guessed it was up! Still, safe and well, face the fear, surf board on them puppies tomorrow, show them who be the daddy huh and stick it to the man,.... pah..... tracey may well have to do the rest of these though in case i am in traction.

well. its hard to find time to do these between perfecting my guacamole recipe (know locally as hughesies green gold), running on the beach, playing cards, doing nothing as a warm up for doing nothing again afterwards, so sorry its been awhile, and sorry in advance if its awhile again x x

hah, Sven.








Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb