Hellllllllooooooooo Freedom....and in my humble opinion the BEST food on the planet!


Advertisement
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
August 20th 2015
Published: August 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone I FINALLY made it out of Asia to bluer skies, MUCH better food and different colored people (Normalcy is amazing I must say) I flew from the city I was working in in Vietnam to Ho Chi Minh City via Jetstar it was a smooth and easy hour and a half ride and accompanying me was my boss of all people lol. We found out we were on the same flight the before we were going to the airport in... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Park across from the Hostel


LUCHA!!! Oh..his name...


Mexican Empinadas on the Komal


Chicken and cilantro Empanada with salsa roja


I'm here for my usual...10 please


Oaxacan buffet!


Tamales and Taquitos


Tlyuda!


He got me some Jalapenos for the grill (I asked him the first night and he didn't have any!)


Chilessssssssssssssssssssssss


Empanada with that AWESOME Oaxacan cheese and chicken!



21st August 2015
156

Congrats on your escape!
How fabulous that you landed first in LA--very impressive those massively cheesy creations (oh, I can hardly wait, she says from funky cheese Peru!) and then Oaxaca with its excellent cuisine. My favorites there were the ladies that appeared on street corners in the evening with their big pots of steamed tamales! Brilliant to smuggle chili seeds to South America if you're going to have a farm down here. That Tica bus looks pretty luxurious--enjoy!
21st August 2015
156

Hey Tara!!!
How's Peru? Looks like you are loving it you have been there quite a while!! Yes I have my bag of 12 different chile seeds hopefully customs won't find them heehee! The food is spectacular and yes I have had the Tamales from the ladies on the street corner! AMAZING, but then again EVERYTHING here is amazing food-wise! Thanks for reading and sorry for the Peruvian funky cheese lol :)
21st August 2015

Hey, Greg
It looks as if you are enjoying every bit of it. The pictures of the fajitas look appetising.
21st August 2015

Hey Frank!
How is everything? How's the book coming along? I'll be in Cartagena September 6th can't wait to get back there!! I'll probably just pass my CV around to schools there in Cartagena, Barranquilla and Medellin. Hope all is well with you!
21st August 2015

Welcome back to the Western Hemisphere!!!
I see you are very excited about it.
21st August 2015

Hi Bob!
Thanks for stopping in hope all is well with you and yours! YES OMG soooooooo excited to be back! Oaxaca has been an AWESOME starting point to heading back to South America I really don't think I could have chosen a better spot to start! How's everything with you??

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb