Missing in Action


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
February 11th 2011
Published: February 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone! We are back! Time seems to have slipped away and our trip is coming to an end. Difficult to remember where we left off, as we have had a hectic couple of weeks, finishing our health care course, and heading off to explore mexico on our own. Limited internet access has also been a problem.

Our last week at the university was busy, as we were completing a assignment on diabetes throughout mexico. We did manage to pull of an interesting (and rather long) presentation on the thursday (3/2). After that, we found ourselves busy with packing, organising, shopping, and saying a lot of goodbyes (especially to ayen and clare). We did manage to fit in that week a night out for salsa dancing, participated in by lauren only, who joined in a salsa class at a club and found herself fitting right in and picking up the moves straight away. We also managed to have a last night out with the girls from uni and our mexican friends, and found a very good british band which did covers in both english and spanish.

On the friday (4/2) we had a farewell lunch at the uni, and were presented with awards and t-shirts. We then headed for coffee, but managed to get distracted as we were walking past a clothing store. One of our friends Jess was whisked off the pavement and before she knew it was dressed in designer clothes, and was taking catwalk commands of a self acclaimed stylist called Leonardo. We did not end up with coffee but found it highly amusing.

That night ale and hil took us out for caesidillas and we then came home and had Palova which lauren had cooked for the family to give them an idea of a traditioal australian food. Unfortunately while we were out, and the pavlova was cooling, Hammorabi, one of the mexican boarders, had come down stairs and put finger in the middle of it, collapsing the cake. It still tasted amazing though.

On the saturday our friends luis, alex and daniel took us out for breakfast, and for a tour of their univeristy, which is the largest in the americas. It literally has a highway seperating 2 of the campuses. Lauren and i also had a go at driving around the university campus (little traffic) and were successful with minor incidents. It may be difficult to adjust to driving on the left hand side when we get home. We spent the afternoon amusing oursleves by playing beatles rockband on the WII with the boys, and after headed for a last Paco's Taco's sesh with the uni girls before saying goodbye. It was a good last day.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb