Oaxaca City


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
October 23rd 2005
Published: October 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Oaxaca CityOaxaca CityOaxaca City

The main church museum and some cactus!
So we arrived in Oaxaca city last night, way later than we thought. Had a really weird day and night and evening in the bus, San Poncho to La Puenita (sp?) to Guadalajara, to Mexico City, to Oaxaca City... it was all a blur. Except for waking up in Mexico city freezing cold because for some reason at 5am in the mountains they have air conditioning on? Really cold, i had my arms in my shirt basically in the fetal position trying to keep warm, but it was worth it to wake up and laugh at Jord & Ryan doing the same thing.

Anyways, we had a GREAT day in Mexico city sitting in the bus depot slowly dying from the pollution. But then we got on the bus for Oaxaca city and realized it was a lot more than 3 hours... it was about 7 (we were misinformed) beautify drive through the evening though, lots of beautiful country to see en route.

Found our hostel with a bit of luck, and basically just hit the sack. Today we had a day in town, checked out the usual churches and sights in the old city. I also took a nap, and we went and partied quite a bit. Good times! We closed two weird bars and took a shot of something really bad but I don´t know what it was.... didn´t sleep much but we had an awesome time. Mad props to Tim the German guy for his impressions of the french, Jordan and I absolutely rolling in laughter as he plugged his nose and did his imitations for us.

The Quebecers faught back with "Quebec Libre!" chants, I guess leave it up to us to create controversy out of anything hah.

Oaxaca is great but we´re looking forward to getting back to the coast!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0126s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb