La Penita, Mexico - More Paradise


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Nayarit » La Penita
February 3rd 2013
Published: February 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Got back to Puerto Vallarta Jan 3 from our New Years in Tehachapi, bussed to LaPenita. So nice to be home.

Last spring I had met with the dental team in LaPenita. I had 5 crowns that were ancient and needed replacing. The Dental Team comes to a dental office in LaPenita. Dr Errendera is the Prothedontis (crowns and veneers) and her husband is the Endodontist, root canal man. So far I have avoided the Endo guy. I had an estimate of all this work at home so knew it needed doing.

I had to have lengthening of my teeth. I thought I was pretty long in the tooth but I guess not long enough. The Periodontist came to LaPenita and I met with him on Jan 5th for my lengthening. The anticipation was terrible but the prodedure not too bad. I had the gum shortened on 5 teeth so the crowns can have more length. The internet says that it would cost anywhere from $1000 to $1500 each. I paid $4500 pesos for all 5. (Divide it by 12 for a CDN value) Came home with stitches, antobiodics and painkillers. I healed very easily and things are good now.

Started the process of having the crowns replaced. So far I have had 2 – 3 hour appointments to remove the old crowns and get ready for the new ones. Have to wait 8 weeks for my gums to heal totally before I get the real crowns. The crowns are about $2,000 pesos each (Divide by 12) I hear I can submit my dental forms to my dental plan at home as well so we will see. I really am saving them a ton of money. Anyway, I will let you know what the bottom line is. Actually Larry just had a root canal for $1200 pesos and a post and crown for $3900 pesos.

Ross, my brother arrived for his annual Mexico visit. He was here for 2 weeks. It was a nice time. Very low key but very enjoyable. We ate and drank way too much so since he left I have been on the wagon!! Check out his home away from home!! We built his hut, as people called it, under our 5th wheel hitch.

Our neighbours from Colby Street, Lisa and Norm are here now. They stay in Guayabitos but we spend time with them. Had a lovely day at Chacala. Had lunch, a swim and read in the sun.

Our friends, Duane and Debbie arrive March 3rd for a couple of weeks. They have never been to our area of Mexico before so we are looking forward to showing them the highlites.

Evan and Hiroko also, will arrive sometime in March.

This week is Cancer de Mama in our park. Our park and many, many others spend the weekend fitting about 550 women with bras and prosthesis. They arrive by bus, car and walking. Some have had a breast removed for 15 years and never had a prosthesis. They range in age from 16 to 75. What amazing event. They enter the park, are escorted to the pool area to register and have lunch, then escorted down to the Clubhouse where they are fitted with 2 bras and a prosthesis, they go to the wig shop if required, have their makeup done and visit the free store. Everybody in the park and all over our area bring down clothes for the free store. It is an emotional time with many hugs and kisses. Larry was up yesterday at 7:30 to chop vegetables for the soup the ladies are served for lunch. I work the data entry tomorrow but I have a wretched cold so think I better not contaminate these fragile women.

Our plan was to leave here about March 12 or so and head to Los Mochios, 2 day drive north, cross by ferry to LaPaz on the Baja. Spend a couple of weeks touring the Baja and make our way north to the US. Unfortunately, our travel companion, Joe Bell is in the hospital right now just having had surgery. I’m pretty sure our plans will be on hold for this year.

Anyway, time marches on and the season is coming to an end. We will spend some time in Palm Springs and then head home sometime.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb