Tepoztlan


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Morelos » Tepoztlán
June 27th 2010
Published: June 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I spent the day in an incredible scenic little puebla about 30 minutes away from Cuernavaca called Tepoztlan. It has a reputation as a center of power-like Sedona Az so it does have an element of tourism but it’s so charming, that’s easy to overlook. The market is very Mexican with an abundance of cheap food of all kinds readily available. Around the center of town, there’s an outdoor market with lots of handmade things but also lot’s of the usual crap. I visited the little museum in town where there are many incredible pre-Columbian artifacts, and then walked the town a little more and came upon a very nice little café with an upstairs eating area with a nice view of the mountains and the pyramid on top. I actually had hibiscus tacos with guacamole, and really nice lime water-like limeade, and a great little cup of coffee.
I mainly just snooped for a nice, tranquil, intriguing place to take Carol when she comes and this definitely fit the bill. Again, I don’t really see why anyone would chose Cuernavaca as their city of choice in MX when there are so many more magical places to visit.
The picts I’ll upload include the Palacio de Cortes with the gorgeous 1930 era Diego Rivera mural, and several picts of Tepoztlan.



Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb