Puerto Vallarta


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
June 21st 2011
Published: June 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

I arrived in the evening, to be welcomed by the friendly staff with a beer. I knew then the hostel was going to be good.
There are only a couple of us staying at the hostel, there are more staff there then there are guests. Arriving on a friday, it would be rude to not going out with the hostel after a warm invite. So we all packed into the hostel van and headed out to the center of the town for a night out.

Day1- Was spent walking the streets and beach of the town to get my bearings, sunburn and take some touristy photos. Unfortunately the beach has no surf, so my plans for world surfing domination have been put on hold till i can head south to another 'known' surf beach.
Day2- Headed back to the beach for some much needed swimming. The water is so warm. Warmer then the showers at the hostel. After spending hours in the water and turning in to a wrinkly nana i headed into town for lunch.. which usually always consists of either tacos, tortas or quesadillas. After this there is a blank in my afternoon... most likely becuase i passed out on the couch at the hostel for a few hours, only to wake up after dark.
The humidity here is terrible, it doesnt feel as hot as Mexico city, but the humidity is so high, it leaves a constant film on your skin. Every day around 7pm it rains for a few hours, which doesnt help easing the humidity here.
Day 3- I caught a rickety old bus with a frenchie and a sweed from the hostel, an hour north of Puerto Vallarta to another beach called Sayulita. Its suposed to be a surf beach, so as you could guess i was alittle excited at the thought of getting out there... but alas, the waves were no bigger then those found in the Auckland harbour.. domination is still on hold.

Day 4- The rubbish weather that has plagued NZ has been sent over here, and has been raining all night and morning.. my plans for snorkling world domination have been put on hold also.

Still have trouble uploading photos, so will do it when i get back to MExico city on fri.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

The oasis hostelThe oasis hostel
The oasis hostel

Great place to stay
The swinging bridgeThe swinging bridge
The swinging bridge

gets abit crazy if you are drunk.
Dogs tied togetherDogs tied together
Dogs tied together

Obviously just done the deed, and still tied together


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb