Mexico 2016


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Melaque
January 19th 2016
Published: January 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Melaque

Tuesday

Today was probably the warmest day we have had here in Melaque yet, high 80s. This morning we walked north along the beach. Big waves in this area, a few surfers. As you walk further north, one long hotel was completely empty, just a shell with walls and floors. It was either never finished or had just fallen into disrepair. Huge rocks at the northern end, so couldn't walk any further. One of the high rocks had a railed overlook on top, but it was closed off to visitors. Many boats in the area, lots of birds--pelicans, egrets, terns. Several RVs were parked in this area. They had a beautiful view of the ocean, with their hammocks and tents alongside.

Spent part of the afternoon on the hammocks, reading and bird watching. One side of the hotel grounds contains a huge screen cage with several kinds of doves. You can hear the cooing all day long.

Later in the afternoon we looked online for the best comida corrida (inexpensive lunch), and the vote was given to Estella's, located behind the church on Cordeana Guzman. The place was very nicely decorated, lots of plants and Mexican pottery. The food was excellent. I had chili rellenos and Bob had beef. It was served with pasta, tamales, vegetables, salad, and a big pitcher of fruit juice. The best part, $3 per person, and more than enough to eat.

In the evening we walked around town again. It is very peaceful at night, and tonight the moon was almost full. Of course we had to stop for an ice cream cone. Tomorrow we take the bus to Barra de Navidad to stay for a few days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb