Filmmaking in Guadalajara


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
November 13th 2009
Published: December 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

As time aproaches for our return to the states, we return to Guadalajara for a few more days. We stay at the Hostel de Maria in the beautiful, central, old neighborhood of "Barrio de Mexicaltingo". This Neighborhood has beautiful old buildings and fountains that could just as easily be set in Buenos Aires or Havana. It is a magnet for filmmakers, it seems. We watch a documentary being made one evening. It is about the sculptor, Alejandro Colunga. We saw some of his work, the surrealistic chairs in the plaza in front of the Cultural Institute Cabanas.
The next evening they are filming a scene for a scary movie, right up the street.
The following morning they are filming right in front of our hostel. There is a fountain there, & the secne involves a street musician playing a guitar. The movie is about a ventriquist who is upset with his dummy.
I get invited to be a "walk on" extra for this shot. I have fun being in the movie & at the cast breakfast, which is held in the front room of our hostel.
All too soon, it's time to return to "the States". We are glad we took the opertunity to visit this part of Mexico.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Surrealistic chairSurrealistic chair
Surrealistic chair

created by Alejandro Colunga, one of the films was about his life...
Ventriliquist & GrandmaVentriliquist & Grandma
Ventriliquist & Grandma

Grandma was one of my fellow "extras"
Fellow extras at the cast breakfastFellow extras at the cast breakfast
Fellow extras at the cast breakfast

We had chilaquiles, cereal, coffee, & Juice
Press event for Lucha Libra entertainersPress event for Lucha Libra entertainers
Press event for Lucha Libra entertainers

this has nothing to do with filmmaking, but it was as close I we got to going to a Lucha Libre....


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb