Mexican Independence Day!!!!! In an airport hotel!!!! YOOOHOOOOO!!!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
September 15th 2008
Published: October 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So i finally left Oaxaca!!!!! Im in Guadalajara, in the airport hotel... but i'll get back to that in a minute... I stopped working about a month ago and took some time to get to know the state of Oaxaca. Chuck came to visit and we went to San Jose del Pacifico, a town known for their magic mushrooms... 😊 Actually calling it a town is being extremely generous. its a village of about 250 inhabitants, in the Sierra Madre de Sur mountains, at an altitude of around 8000ft (c. 2,500mt). We stayed in these cabins called Puesta del Sol (that's sunset, for you non-spanish speaking folk) which were incredible. You have your little wood cabin, with a fireplace and super comfortable beds, a little lawn, and a view to die for. As far as the eye can see you see the mountain ranges, and you are either in or above the clouds. One of the most amazing trips of my life... pun intended... 😉
We then went down to this small beach town named Mazunte (c.400 people) and all was great for the first 3 days. The last 3 were more of a headache. Its a long story... suffice to say that it involved a girl back in oaxaca and one of the guys i knew in mazunte. he thought they were together (not the impression i got... from her either...) she wanted to sleep w me again (i had dated her previously) and i gave in one night. another friend of hers from Mazunte was there that night, and she came onto me in front of him, so i definitely didnt think there was anything serious between her and the other guy. however the friend that was there on the night in question decides to tell homeboy about it when im already in mazunte, nearly 2 months after it actually happened, and thats when shit hit the fan. it was very awkward to get the cold shoulder in a town that small.... i spoke to homeboy, explaining that i didnt know they were together, but he was all upset and didnt wanna hear it... oh well...
we then came back to Oaxaca for 10 days, where other people had been talking shit about me, saying i had hooked up w one of my roommates (no funny stuff, she-s a she...) who had just broken up w her boyfriend. whatever... i'm blind to you...haters!!!!

anyway, from there we headed to guadalajara. chuck got sick bc of too much mezcal and ended up throwing up from 6am (throughout both flights) until about 11pm!!! we ended up staying in the hotel airport bc chuck was too sick to even make it into the city. in all of this the 15th of sept is Mexico's Day of Independence from the spaniards. around 6pm, when chuck was feelin better, i headed into the city to see 'el grito' (literally 'the scream') and meet up w my grilfriend. i ended up getting drunk by myself bc my girl couldnt make it out, so i call chuck aaround 9pm to see how he-s doing... he says hes feelin good and why dont i swing by to pick him up (we were experiencing logistics problems w our phones and such). unfortunately by the time i got there he had relapsed.... so we ended up doing el grito in our airport hotel room. YOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
VIVA MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyhoo, more to come....





Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb