Back in Mexico City!!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
October 3rd 2008
Published: October 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

ok, so im back in DF. i got here this morning from Guadalajara. the departure was not at all pleasant. I had had a girlfriend for the last 2 months, Eleni, which i am in love with... so leaving Guadalajara was painful. Crying and all (yes, i'm a softy when it comes to this type of thing). The thing is we both realise that i need to keep travelling or i will regret it later and maybe resent her for it. It's crazy though because she's amazing. We have the same personality, sense of humour, etc. .... i'm getting sentimental..... 😞.....
ok, back on track:
Guadalajara was absolute shit the first 10 days. It poured (literally) down rain every time we exited a building, and stopped when we would finally settle in somewhere. The fun part is that there are no drains in guadalajara, so when it pours the streets turn into streams, literally.... Incidentally ever since chuck left it rained 5 min the day of his departure and didnt rain at all the following 10 days.... oh well... What was even more aggravating than the rain was that i nearly never saw Eleni the first week bc she was busy finding a place to live, work etc, which was horrible bc i was in a city i was starting to hate (bc of the goddamn rain!!!!) and i couldnt see my love...
The only good thing that happened within those first 10 days was that finally met my mexican family. a cousin of my mom's married a mexican man about 40 years ago and she's been living in guadalajara ever since. I have 2 second cousins; Stefane and Amaya. They're both in their 30's and are cool as hell. I made 2 dinners at Stefane's house, the first with friends of his and Teresa's (his girlfriend), Eleni, and Amaya. The second dinner was Teresa, Amaya, Stefane, Eleni and Eleni's 2 roommates Elo and Diego. Stefane's an architect and Amaya teaches Yoga and works with natural healing techniques. i'm really glad i got to meet them bc we get along really well. Plus the last 10 days in Guadalajara were a lot better bc i got to spend more time with Eleni and the weather was really nice.

well, now im in the same hstel i first got to; Hostel Amigo (yes i know, the name is corny as hell, but the spot is cool). i spoke to Lonjas, a dj friend of mine that i met in oaxaca, who told me about a party tonight... hope its good.

anyway, enough keyboard diarrhea for today... 😉
PEACE!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb