January 17 - January 19, New Golf Cart


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
February 3rd 2014
Published: February 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Friday, January 17

The new golf cart arrived today, it’s now painted bright red, has two speeds, a windscreen, lights, turn indicators and a horn. With this cart we can go places after dark which we couldn’t really do with the old one. I was anxious to take it for a test drive but it needed to be charged. Instead we borrowed the old cart (Mary Anne’s) and went to the ATM for some cash then stopped and picked up some chicken and ribs for lunch. We were back in less than an hour.

In the evening, we went with Jorge to pick up Alejandra at work in Chapala then drove to Enrique’s Restaurant, “Merendero” in Ajijic. Paul and Mary Anne were already there. We joined them and enjoyed our appetizers while we waited for Yvonne, Don and Yvonne’s sister Lucile who is visiting from Canada.

We had a great meal, a lot of fun, and made it home before 11pm.



Sunday, January 19

Sunday was a nice sunny day and we had nothing planned so it was time to take the new golf cart for a test drive. Mary Anne decided to follow behind in her cart. We found the ignition switch a little loose and it sometimes took a few turns before it was actually in the “on” position. This was a bit awkward because to go into reverse, the key had to be turned backwards. It didn’t take long to master the switch but it will have to be fixed. The other issue we found was the speed bumps on the cobblestone roads scraped the frame unless we drove over them at an angle, no problem.

We drove down and parked by the Malecon in Ajijic. Since it was a Sunday there were many families out walking and enjoying the park. We walked to the end of the Malecon and back then climbed back into our carts and drove a little closer to the centre of town.

Our first stop in town was Diana Pearl’s which I think is the best gift shop in Ajijic. She always has platter of wonderful shortbread cookies out for everyone to snack on while they shop. Of course, we had to purchase a few more gifts.

The plaza in town was also overflowing with families enjoying a beautiful Sunday. We found a table on the patio of the Jardin Plaza Restaurant and ordered a Gringo lunch of hamburguesas y papas.

While there, as usual there are young children and adults that stop by to sell everything from green beans, trinkets and men’s shirts. This time however, a man stopped by selling sand art. His outfit was so unique that we had to have a picture even though we didn’t want to buy any of his artwork.

After lunch we walked around the block to Cafe Grano where they roast their organic beans. This is where we normally purchase our coffee and Mary Anne has become hooked on their coffee too.



We headed home stopping at Superlake for a few groceries on the way. Finally, Rick let me drive for a while. I think he is claiming this cart as his own personal toy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb