Wednesday January 15, Canadian Club with speaker Robert Reid


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
January 16th 2014
Published: January 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, January 15

Although today was market day we purposely avoided going. We did the same on Monday, avoided the market. The availability for fresh food and produce is so tempting here that I find I am continually buying food. Our fridge and freezer are bulging at the seams so I want to make sure that we eat what we have before I buy any more.

The Canadian Club monthly meeting was held in the Nueva Posada and this month, the guest speaker was Robert Reid. Robert is a travel journalist and the spokesperson for the Lonely Planet Travel Guide. He is an extremely good speaker and he had us all in stitches with the hilarious stories he share. The stories were as much about his life and family as they were about travel. He was presented with a certificate and made an Honourary Canadian when his talk was finished.

The time flew by very quickly. We met and spoke with a couple who are friends of friends from back home. We also sat and talked with our friends Wendy and Linda. When the meeting was over, everyone went their own way.

Rick suggested that we try a restaurant that we have read about and walked by a few times called the Bodega. It was only a couple of blocks away.

When we arrived it looked like a very nice and comfortable restaurant. There was a good size eating area with a large dance floor and stage area. The garden area had a nice grassy area with lots of palms and plants.

We were the only customers there for a while but eventually quite a few gringo couples started arriving. The food was good and it was nice to see the cook go into the garden area and return with fresh herbs.



The entertainment arrived just as we were leaving. Another time we will make it a point to come a little later in the day so we can stay to hear the band but this time we would have had to wait at least an hour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb