January 20 - January 21, Shopping and Eating out


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
February 3rd 2014
Published: February 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Monday, January 20

Well it had to happen, we have already purchased so many souvenirs and gifts that we know they will not fit in our existing suitcases so we have to buy a spare suitcase just to get them home. I had already checked Walmart and their large suit cases were over $100 CAD. There are so many thrift and second hand shops around, I was sure we would find one a lot less expensive. We went for a walk to a large “Bazaar” out on the main street. Sure enough, they had a nice large one that look almost new and even came with a key and lock. Total cost $25 CAD. Sold!!

Tuesday, January 21

Spa Day, I went for another facial and Rick had a pedicure while waiting for me. It was after 11:30 when we were finished so it was a good day to try Panino’s restaurant for lunch. This restaurant is very nearby our villa and is only open for lunch. It is normally full by noon so getting there a little early was perfect. Although the restaurant is owned and run by Mexican’s, the food is very Gringo. We enjoyed a lovely sandwich and salad for lunch but the highlight was the homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting which we shared.

We really shouldn’t have eaten lunch out because we already had plans for dinner out with Mary Anne and Paul. We went to Adelita’s where the Tuesday Night special is Rib Night. You get a whole rack of falling off the bone, tender BBQ’d ribs, cole slaw and French fries for $11 CAD. Rick and I shared a meal then we walked home from the restaurant to try and burn off the calories.



Next we will have to try their wing night special.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb