La Letra CH Restaurant


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
April 27th 2019
Published: April 27th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Part of the deal to bribe Rose to come down here was that we would do at least one meal a day out. It has not quite worked out that way, but I am doing my best. Today, we were headed out to El Mirador, a restaurant that is east of our location by roughly 12 KM, but on the way down the hill we changed our mind and decided to go to La Letra CH (pronounced CHE). We have heard it might be a bit on the pricey side, but we still wanted to give it a shot.

I have to tell you, for the value and quality of the food we got, it was not a bit pricey. Each meal comes with an "entrada" and a new word I can't remember (guarnicion) that means "trimmings." The great thing about all of our meals is we order enough chow to take home with us and we end up getting two to three meals.

Today, I had onion soup for my entrada. Arrechera steak for my main course with potatoes au gratin. Rose had Coconut Shrimp with mango sauce and it was so good. We also ordered a side order of fish tacos, mainly to take home. The whole thing came to 550 pesos (includes a nice tip), which is roughly $29US. That same meal would have cost at least $50US in the states.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1125s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb