Nice, Quiet Lazy Day


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
April 19th 2019
Published: April 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

La CasitaLa CasitaLa Casita

More like a casona.
Today is Good Friday and that day is a big deal in Mexico. We decided we would avoid the crowds and possible drunk drivers by staying off the roads today. Instead, we took a nice walk UP the hill from our house. We had to sneak away from the dogs and we were successful in doing that. So, Lake Chapala is about 5200 feet elevation, on a tropical latitude. It is not very humid at all which accounts for the title they claim of the "Second Best Climate on Earth." The lake moderates the temperatures. EVERYTHING grows here.

We started walking up the hill and it was not long before we were sucking wind, literally. It was difficult for our corpulent little bodies to get enough oxygen. But on we pressed, until we came to a little paved road. I can't find a name but it goes north right by Presa la Tinaja. Looking at Google Earth, there is a lot to explore right around here. We want to visit Mezcala Island. I understand that during the Mexican Revolution it served as a fort, a hospital and a prison.

Be sure to go to the bottom of the page to see the rest of the pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The view from the road.The view from the road.
The view from the road.

Higher than our house but not as attractive.


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.7kb