Mexico 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Zihuatanejo
January 19th 2017
Published: January 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Happy two-month Birthday to Anna! (a couple of days late)

Found another good spot for breakfast right by the hotel. Hotcakes or eggs, fruit, and coffee, $2.25 per person. Took our laundry to the lavenderia. They charge by kilogram, weighing it in a big bucket attached to a scale.

Bob had a touch of the flu today so we didn't do much. Did some planning for our trip to Morelia and up to see the monarchs. The bus scheduling is confusing, so we need more planning.

We spent a few lazy hours at a restaurant table on Madera Beach, down from the main municipal beach by the start of the walkway. We had a drink and enjoyed the view. A few vendors came by selling jewelry, pottery, and cheese. One guy kept unwrapping a two-inch wide strip from a big ball. This was the cheese. He just cut off lengths for his customers.

Later in the evening picked up the laundry (4.4 lb, $2.50). Found another great place to eat, La Gamba, down by the canal. Garlic fish, salad, rice, and tortillas, $5 per plate. The fish portions were huge, at last twice the size of most other places. Delicious and definitely worth a trip back again. Topped the day off with ice cream cones.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb