Mexico 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Zihuatanejo
January 20th 2017
Published: January 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

This morning we walked down a side street to the municipal and pier area. We walked across a stone bridge and up a cobblestone street. Beautiful views from the hill, many trees with red flowers. Attractive homes along the way. Several years ago we took this route to a beautiful secluded beach, but it is now closed off and is private property. We ended up at a gated entry with a guard stand.

Back down the hill and in through town again. We kept an eye out for a breakfast place. Found a good little spot with some local customers. Coffee here is good. It is served with coarse cane sugar and sometimes flavored with cinnamon.

Have to be careful when walking the streets here. There are occasional holes, big rocks, and pieces of metal sticking up. Must be careful not to trip or stub your toes!





Bob

We are using a six year old Lonely Planet book to plan our butterfly trip. It looked like we could take a 6 hour bus from Zihuatanejo to Morelia and spend a couple of nights there. A few years ago we were in Morelia so we know that part of the journey. Then it looked like we could take a 3 hour bus to Zitacuaro and a 1 hour bus to Angangueo where we could spend the night. Angangueo is a old mining town that is close to two butterfly reserves. I made hotel reservations for Morelia and Angangueo. Later I looked at bus information for the travel to Angangueo. I found information for one 2 AM bus. There is all kinds of information for tours and guides but nothing for travel information. One web site said the cheapest way is to rent a car and another gave a very long and expensive bus route. I looked up the telephone number to the Angangueo hotel. I couldn't figure out how to enter the first + but entered the 13 digits on our T Mobile cell phone and got to the hotel. Amazing! Thanks, Lynn, for getting us connected to T Mobile.

This trip has been almost all in Spanish. Other than the two nights at the first hotel, every hotel, restaraunt, and bus communication has been in Spanish. It is more difficult for me to communicate in Spanish over the phone. She wanted to talk about everything except bus information. Finally I asked in Spanish if we could take a bus to Zitacuaro and after a bus to Angangueo. Si.

I don't think we will have a problem but either this part of the world has not caught up to the internet or tour groups have made things difficult.





We decided to try something different for dinner tonight. We ended up with ribs and chicken breast stuffed with plums, nuts, and pineapple. Very good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb