Mexico 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Zihuatanejo
January 18th 2017
Published: January 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We walked into the newer part of Zihuat, to the bus depot. Got tickets to Morelia for Saturday. $30 per person, five hour ride. Interesting to walk through different neighborhoods. A lot of cleaning going on in the morning. People are sweeping and washing the sidewalks in front of their stores. The highway median was being swept off with large palm branches. We noticed many cement style apartment buildings, most with barred windows.

The bus depot was large and quite modern. We had no trouble getting our tickets, with Bob's Spanish and the efficient clerk. Probably take a taxi there on Saturday when we have luggage.

Stopped at a huge store, somewhat like a Wal-Mart, on the walk back. Great variety of items--groceries, beer, toys, clothing. Most T-shirt type tops ran from $10 to $15. Much cheaper at the outdoor market, but quality probably not the same.

Later walked down to the main municipal beach area, crossed a small bridge to the left, and followed the walkway along the ocean. The path is posted off, with occasional areas to sit and enjoy the view. This area has a very rocky shoreline. Several restaurants along the path. We checked out a few menus for future reference. On the way back to the municipal area, we visited the Archaeological Museum of the Costa Grande.This museum was built in 1947 and is an important historical site for Zihuatanejo. The museum contains six rooms, depicting the early history of the area.

The temperature was getting very warm for more walking, so we headed back up near the hotel and on to Dona Lupe for a quick lunch. Again, great sandwiches and drinks for a grand total of $3!

Back into town for the evening. Lots of activity for a Wednesday evening. Live music at many bars and restaurants. Pretty at night; trees are strung with blinking lights. We ended up with pizza for dinner, very tasty. A few musicians were performing in the streets for tips, kids were selling candy, gum, and plastic toys at the restaurant tables.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb