A Mistake


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Taxco
February 19th 2008
Published: February 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent our last day in Zihua swimming, going to a political rally, and eating on the beach..today we travelled nine hours by bus to Taxco, and made our first mistake of the trip...we had to change buses in Acapulco, and realized too late that we should have broken the trip up by staying there over night....

We made it here, tired and hungry, but found a great hotel (Mi Casita) with a room for $62 that has a private rooftop balcony and breakfast included....

We had dinner in a little restaurant in a house next to the Cathedral..the owner grew up in Laredo TX, and moved back whe his mother died and left the house. Great food and conversation....




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The "real" PresidentThe "real" President
The "real" President

Last year's election is still being disputed by the party that lost...This is Obrador, who lost, but feels that he is the legit President...sound familiar?
Zihua from the hillZihua from the hill
Zihua from the hill

We had hoped to have breakfast at a restaurant up here on Sunday, but it was closed...it was still a nice walk...
A local white heronA local white heron
A local white heron

They are not as noisy as our Skagit Bay ones and friendlier....We guess it is because the weather is so much nicer here than in Puget Sound...so they have less to complain about?
Last night in ZihuaLast night in Zihua
Last night in Zihua

Dinner on the beach, after a day of swimming...
Taken from the road between Zihua and AlcapulcoTaken from the road between Zihua and Alcapulco
Taken from the road between Zihua and Alcapulco

The views were breathtaking...but we only went along the coast with a view for a few miles...
Organ Pipe CactusOrgan Pipe Cactus
Organ Pipe Cactus

Most of the route to Taxco was through open land...some with cactus like these. There were a few rivers, but for the most part it was very dry. We saw one wild fire, we think, in the hills. In some places, we saw cattle and goats grazing, and small corn fields.


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb