Mexico City - Acapulco


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
February 17th 2007
Published: February 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

yesterday we woke late,
returned for the third time to climb the bell tower of the cathederal only to be told we had to be in a group of 4 people. we gave up and wondered about some more. Outside the Zocalo there was a Robot mime statue guy (EXACTLY like the one in the film eurotrip. i put some money in his collection box and he shook my hand..... and didnt let go!!!
so we wondered about abit and then collected our bags from the hotel and tok the metro their equivalent to the underground which only cost 30p to the bus station. jumped on a nice luxury bus to acapulco which took 5 hours, very comfy though the seats reclined miles and there were leg rests and everything!

we were on our way to the hotel we had picked our but a guy got us to go to a different one and now we have a room with 2 double beds in it for 3pounds 50 per night, sure theres no hot water but you dont need it when its this hot!รง


next day we scouted the beach, found the zocalo, which is beautiful, completely different to the mexico city one, its shady and has lots of fountains and seats around it, and there are kids everywhere, almost like being in a medevil village. i will get some photos later today. on our way through the zocalo we were given a flyer to a free mexican dancing show with buffet dinner... of course we were there. we got there early and had a drink at the bar where we met some americans who told us not to walk back along the beach as it was very dangerous... there had been shootouts just a few weeks ago, (acapulco is a bnig coacine smuggling city, no im not bringing any home for anyone) the buffet turned out to be 30 pesos (about 1.50GBP) and drinks were 2 for 1 so we werent complaining except we were about 20 years younger than everyone else (it seems to be a reoccuring theme around here). there was also a couple of people handing out free tequila shots, and they loved us 😉 when we tryed to get a picture with them all the waitresses ran over to our table to be in the picture to. we took a bus back so as to avoid the scary drug gangs, these busses are pimped out!!! and the drivers are nuts, in mexico driving laws are just considered guidelines, everyone jumps red lights and all sorts, (taxi rides are exciting to).

next day we found a brilliantly cheap place to have breakfast and walked along most of the beach and thats pretty much it. (we didnt get up very early)

the day after that we sat on the beach under an umnbrella and chilled all day, jack got a bit burnt (he didnt stay under it all day) we bought some rum and fruit juice and drank it on the roof of the hotel that evening, we had to improvise a funnel and use empty beer bottles as we didnt have cups. still god though,






Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The beach hangoutThe beach hangout
The beach hangout

jack trying to learn spanish from a phrase book
The cheapest tourists ever!The cheapest tourists ever!
The cheapest tourists ever!

they loved us though


23rd February 2007

my boyfriend has sun burn!!
bless! ill kiss it better! love you jack! hey simon! xxxxx
23rd February 2007

take it off
take the picture of my back off its gone down now and it looks grim, hehe im upstairs in the internet cafe cool, anyway take it off!!!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb