Cliff Divers and Clubbing


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
February 23rd 2007
Published: February 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We havent realy done much since i last posted, except go to see the ´world famous´ cliff divers of acapulco, they had to climg the cliff from the water and then dive down into a narrow gully where the surge was HUGE, it all looked very dangerous. we got our moneys worth aswell, after the first show we climbed over the wall and got a better view for the next show. luckily nobody noticed we were still there so we got 2 for the price of 1.
other than sitting on the beach the only other thing we have done is go clubbing. wow is it cheap. a whole night out including bus there and taxi back cos us 255 pesos which is under 13 pounds!!! and that was in the expensive part of town.

We went to a club early and managed to get in for cheap (200 pesos when it should have been 300) then it was a free bar. the music on the whole was total crap, but who cares when theres free booze and the club was open to the beach so we just sat around there drinking!!! about 3.30 am the club started emptying (it was pretty empty all night) and the music started to improve so jack and i got on the dance floor and totaly tore it up (despite there being barely anyone else in the club) about 5 am we stumbled out and caught a cab back to the zocalo, i had only left 20 pesos in my wallet but luckily i had some US dollars, its unbelieveable how useful they are, when the taxi driver saw them his eyes lit up!

jack spent the whole of the next day in bed, venturing out only to get breakfast and dinner, a very cheap day, i was feeling better than he was but not 100%.


let me know how all you guys are doing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Cliff DiverCliff Diver
Cliff Diver

he´s going to do it!!!
Stumblin through the zocaloStumblin through the zocalo
Stumblin through the zocalo

when u gotta go you gotta go!


24th February 2007

I admire jack's ingenuity
trip looks amazing man. where you headed to next (hit us a facebook). Looks damn hot aswell. still cold and wet in scotland. just watched england loose to ireland at rugby, the scots love it. take care buddy. will be an avid reader.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb