The Wonders of Modern Technology!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guanajuato
May 17th 2011
Published: May 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This blog is coming to you from a bus between Guanajuato and San Miguel de Allende in central western Mexico. That’s right ... the bus has free wi-fi!

Amazing ... not sure how they do it, like mobile 3G internet access I guess. I almost want to get on Skype and have a conversation with someone in Australia, just for the novelty value!

The bus is super deluxe .. only 3 seats across and with leg rests not just foot rests (a full padded section that folds down from the seat in front). There are only two other passengers. It’s a weekday afternoon, but I suspect it’s more because there are cheaper 2nd class buses which most Mexicans would take. The bus ticket cost about $10 for a 1 ½ hour journey, but that included a can of softdrink, a small tub of yoghurt and a little packet of biscuits!!

I loved Guanajuato ... so picturesque and colourful architecture built into the hillsides ... plus it's full of little alleys and laneways. However, it's low season at the moment, so I only saw a handful of other foreigners. After the weekend, I was the only person staying at the beautiful B&B I found ... so have decided to head to San Miguel de Allende. It's a big American expat town, so should provide me with opportunities for some English speaking company!

Anyway, that's it for this blog. Don't want to chance the internet cutting out. Will write again from SMdA. Love Alison.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0951s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb