Second day - Shakked is sick, Amit is thrilled with the antropological museum


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Estado de Mexico
December 20th 2009
Published: December 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our day began with a need to modify plans as Shakked was feeling sick. So we split up - me, shakked and Maytal stayed in the room while Ilan and Amit took a taxi to the Anthropological museum, one of the highlights of Mexico City. From Amit's Diary:" The museum was amazing, thrilling and beautiful. We learned about the gods: chac-mol the fire god and Tlaloc the rain god. Both were amazing statues. Next we went to see the Aztec culture. the most amazing thing we saw was a carving in a big roudn stone, incorrectly recognized as a calendar. We also saw the feather helmet of Moctesuma. Quetzalcoatl better known as the fetahered serpent was an amazing statue. Then we went to see the Mayan culture. We got to see tomb of am ancient Mayan king. We even saw a temple of the Maya! Then we went outside to watch the voladores, men hanging on long ropes and flying in circles - it was amazing!"

We are all hoping to get up to see Shakked healthier, he threw up this afternoon in the middle of a restaurant, hopefully that was the worse and now he will get better.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



22nd December 2009

Cool.
Sorry to hear Shakked is sick. It's no fun to throw up. Amiel wanted to see the fire god, and both he and Nesya wanted to see the voladores. More, more, more!!

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb