High Blue Star in Mexico: Day Four


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
August 31st 2006
Published: September 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day four in Mexico City. Today had a bit of a political tone to it. We took the subway to central Mexico City where the presidential election protest camps were located. We exited the subway near the Art Museum and Martin and I found ourselves in the middle of an interactive sculpture that resembeled spaghetti being hung to dry.

We started down the steet tword the presidential palace, through the presidential election protest camps, to the remains of Tenochtitlán. At one point I felt a little strange after buying a Coke at a 7-eleven and then seeing signs telling people to boycott Coke for their support of the Felipe Calderón cause. After being downtown for nearly an hour we were caught by another deluge. It lasted for about 20 minutes so we sought refuge in a cathedral. After the rain we wandered the streets in search of drumsticks for me, boots for Brian, and religious artifacts for Martin.

We found a little "mall" containing nothing but religous items of all sorts. Most of the shops had Catholic items but their were also a few "new age" type stores as well.

After a good amount of wandering around we stopped for a bite to eat and started off to Dada X to check out the layout and equiptment. Dada X is on the 3rd floor of an old building downtown. There was a La Selva cafe located on the first floor of the building and our Hotel was right next door. The club owner offered us some beer as we wandered around looking at the room. Meanwhile there was a group getting ready for a fashion show to be held latter on.

We spent nearly two hours there and then went back to Bizzarro Cafe for a few drinks and then home to bed. Tomorrow will be another day of bus travel out to the country side.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb