High Blue Star in Mexico : day one


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
August 28th 2006
Published: September 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My band 'High Blue Star' set off for Mexico City this morning very early. Brian and I left the house around 6am grabbed a bus to the train, and then to the airport. Our plane left at 10:08 a.m. with a one hour-fifteen minute layover in Houston. Landed in Mexico City at 4:48 p.m. with no problems.

We collected our luggage and cleared customs. First thing was to connect with Leonardo our promoter. We found a phone and gave him a call not realizing that to call a cell phone from a regular phone in Mexico costs about 4x's as much as a cell-to-cell call would be. I believe it ended up being $1usd for 30 seconds or so.

Brian and I waited in the food court of the airport for Leonardo to arrive. We had no idea what he looked like or anything but when he arrived it was obvious as he was dressed in black head to toe. We made our introductions and waited 6 hours for Laurie and Martin (from the English band Attrition ) to arrive via Atlanta. We made small talk and drank beer as the city outside was drenched in rain. At times the rain on the roof was so loud you couldn't tell it from jets taking off.

We located Laurie and Martin at around 10:30pm. It was my first time meeting Martin. I recognized him from pictures but aside from that he was a six foot white haired Englishman in a sea of black haired Mexicans. We waited a bit longer for Laurie to clear customs and then went to Leonardo's cousins apartment in the Coyohuacan neighbourhood of Mexico City. Martin stayed about six blocks away at Leonardos parents house. There really wasn't much time left for anything but light conversation and a few beers and then bed.



Advertisement



6th September 2006

height
5 foot eleven actually :)

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb