Mexico City


Advertisement
Published: March 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hola amigas, after a 4 hour flight 6 hour layover 14 hour flight 2 hour layover 4 hour flight we finally arrived in Mexico.....in hindsight we shoukd have broken it up. We have discovered jetlag really does exist. First night we slept straigt for 13 hours and the next night we got about 1 hours sleep. Was a little disappointed that my spanish lessons have not been much help. Found very few english speaking people and I dontknow nearly as much as I thought. Has made for some interesting meal purchases. Daz is taco'd out after 3 days. Had a good walk around the city and got pretty burnt. Everyone is so polite and surprisingly very few smokers.

Went to Teotihuacan today to see the sun and moon pyramides. Pretty impressive and racked up 10km walking thru the whole place. Almost paid $65 each for a tour but got adventurous and went by public transport. Was not that adventurous in the end as the metro system and public buses are so easy to use. Ended up being 50c for the train, $16 return for the bus and $5 entry into the site. $5!! You cant even rent a movie for that back home. Soooo many stairs but worth the vi views. Learnt that I need to get way fitter before machu picchu. I was just as impressed with the giant cacti as the pyramids much to Dazs dismay....they were cool tho. Have photos but cant attach atm.

Off to Cuba in the morning, hasta luego!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb