Museo Nacional de Antropologia


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On the way to my sisters home in Guadalajara I had a look at the famous sun stone in the antropological museum in Mexico City. After the visit of different maya sites the maya section in this museum was very nice and interesting for me. Many artefacts that have been found at the acheological sites have been brought here. So I finally got to see some of that things were I before had only read in the guide book or on an anoying sign that it has been removed to this and that museum.
Very impresive was a huge painting about the mayan world that I also saw in this section.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Stone of the SunStone of the Sun
Stone of the Sun

Often said to be the calendar of the aztecs in the museum it sayst this is an unfinished altar stone. On the right a painted reconstruction.
Pacal's Death MaskPacal's Death Mask
Pacal's Death Mask

Made from pure jade and found in his grave chamber in Palenque.
World of the MayaWorld of the Maya
World of the Maya

This painting (section) is about important aspects of the Maya culture. Different stages of life, the importance of celestial phenomena, and their typical surrounding landscape are shown.
Mexico City TaxiMexico City Taxi
Mexico City Taxi

A green Beatle in the country of the Beatles.


Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 39; qc: 172; dbt: 0.1613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb