Stranded in Mexico?


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
December 11th 2008
Published: December 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This entry finds us at the Mexico City Int'l airport in the last bit of a 4 hour layover. We were surprised to find "Internet Libre (free)" as a wireless server available. Lily has been enjoying the wide open territory of the airport and has been walking up a storm. It's been amazing and exhausting to keep up with at the same time (a 19 month-old ditching 4 adults!).

The day started off with a good scare. We're blessed to have my Uel's parents joining us on this trip. They almost didn't make it due to a discrepancy between his mom's name on her Brazilian passport (maiden name) and her ticket (married name). After missing their flight from Oakland to LAX, they were able to resolve the issue, find a Southwest flight, and meet us at LAX.

Upon arriving at our gate to check in in Mexico, we discovered that our flight to Sao Paulo was overbooked by 6 seats and they wanted to shower us with free luxuries if we flew the following day and gave up our seats (luxuries = first class tickets, hotel, food, and a free ticket to Brazil for each of us for next year!). Uel and his dad jumped at the idea but fatigued and travel worn Amy and Noeme wanted to end our travelling asap. The Lord worked it out that they rejected their offer and squeezed us on to the packed flight.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



13th December 2008

I love this!
I love that you are doing travel blog! I will be praying for all your travels and I am so thrilled for you guys that you can do this awesome traveling! I love the pictures, that's my favorite part! So cute! Love you and miss you!
13th December 2008

Thanks Kat - you and Chet's Euro travel blog is what inspired us to do something similar. It was so much fun keeping up with your exciting adventures... unfortunately, we don't have a professional photographer, but we'll do our best! Love and miss you too!

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb