Lazy Saturday In Mexico City


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
February 24th 2008
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So today was suppose to be a lie in, but someone forgot to tell my bodyclock that and when i got to the main appartment Lou's mum was just up and Lou and her brother were still in bed.....lol.

A little later breakfast followed and this consisted of melon and gayaub (not sure if the spelling is right) and then various maize dishes, i lose track now of hurchaos and quesidillas and tortillas and all the variations and sweet bread and hot strawberry milk, a very large and filling breakfast and Lou's mum made sure i had plenty.....hehe.

We then headed out and Lou's brother Paco was our chauffer and we went south in the city and first to a mall were both Lou and her brother paid some bills and from the mall you could see a massive Radisson hotel and a theme park and a weird looking church. We then headed off after the bills were played and headed through the main hotel disrict, the are various hotels in Mexico but here is were the swanky out of most peoples budgets hotels.

We then went through Reforma avenue were the citys rich live, massive gated houses and gated communitys rubbing shoulders with the emabassys of Switzerland, Argentina, Venzulea,Italy,Denmark, United States etc, we then headed to the coroprate/commerical zone and saw the headquarters of Microsoft and HP and various other companys and passed by a big techinal Uni which is a private Uni.

We headed back down reforma avenue and saw views of the tallest building in Mexico and Latin America, did not manage to get a piccy as we drove round without stopping, a bit like the open top tourist bus but free...hehe, we then passed the Russian embassy which was further into the city and was massive and apparently during the cold war double agents working for the US but KGB agents would pass the embassy and throw supposed litter over the fence and the garden staff would forward it to the head honcho.We then headed through an area which is a mainly jewish area and like a kind of rodeo drive with Tiffanys, Hugo Boss, Luis Vuitton etc etc.

We then headed home and we had fondue to start with and then rice and veggies and then some moule (possibly spelt wrong), i was not so keen on it and so Lou russled up some pasta for me and then followed up by some walls ice cream and some ben and jerrys cookie dough ice cream, with the meal we had wine and then afterwards a few glasses of baileys, we all felt a little sluggish and went for a siesta.

We were going to go to the cinema after the siesta, but by the time we got up it was a touch on the late side and tomorrow is an early start to visit a flower market and then later meet some of Lou's friends, i think my bed is calling and so i will be heading that way soon.

Before i forget Mexico city is a classic VW fans mecca, the are so many old style beetles and camper vans, if i had the money id ship a camper van home....lol


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb