Flight Changes And Sightseeing


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
February 22nd 2008
Published: February 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So last night i got talking to Lous's Dad and Brother and there english is great, way better than my spanish......lol, so Lou's brother suggested coming with him to pick Lou up from Uni and Lou's parents suggested that we have pizza for dinner and so i went with Lou's brother and we chatted about the city and his work and travels and got to the Uni and waited on Lou and then we went to this massive supermarket and bought beer, crisps and ice cream and i offered to pay but they would nt have it as i am there guest.

We chatted and nearly had an accident when a woman ran a red with her 4x4 and eventually got back and we hadd pizza and tacos and salad with sol beer and followed with some nice ice cream, we chatted and had a good time and some laughs and then eventually everyone turned in for the night and i watched some TV with Lou and then headed to the other apartment and listened to my ipod for a while and decided not to get so emotional and insecure over this whole issue, i have no control over things and if Randi would be happy going home then its the best way forward, like my sister said to me im living the dream and so i need to think positively.

I got up this morning after being awoken by Lou's dad using the treadmill in the office next to the room, he does 30 mins today to keep fit and lose weight and i chatted to him and he told me about his work, he travels alot for work and he is a vet and supplies farming equipment in the field of chicken farming and next week he goes to Peru for three weeks.

I sorted some stuff out and put my phone on charge and switched it on and i had a message from my girlfirend Randi saying she had been told by angency they may have some work for her which was good and put a smile on my face, i then grabbed a shower and noticed my clothes had even been put on hangers, Lou's mum is mothering me which is super sweet.

i then headed to the main apartment and had a breakfast of papaya and then mexican scrambled eggs (with veggies and chillis mixed in and then toast and maralade and a glass of pineapple juice, i tried to help clear up but they wouldnt let me as im there guest.

We then headed out in Lou's dad's car and drove down towards downtown and passed many cool old buildings and churches and past the catherdral and the main square and also the Gerorgy Colbert exhibition Ashes & Snow that we had visited the other day.

Not sure if i mentioned but yesterday i had Guyaba which is a fruit mainly found Mexico it was strange as it was sweet and sour?, we then passed along the main avenue which had lots of busts and we headed through the finanical district and then past the revolution square and Lou's mum and dad went to a cafe and me and Lou went to the office of LAN airlines to change some dates on my RTW ticket, we disccused it with the chap at LAN and he said i could go on standby but all the flights leading up to my orignal date were full, seems strange maybe the is something going on in Chile?...lol, so then i tried to change the dates on my ticket for Oz onwards as i had paid for my ticket last July and the dates were dummy dates as such, well then my whole world dropped as the guys said that my ticket was issued on the 19th July(because i was flying first to NYC around New Years it was advisable to book my ticket then and to avoid tax increase i paid for it in July aswell) so he said the ticket confirmed it was issued in July and i explained i got it in Dec and my first flight was in Dec, he said it did not matter and that i had a year from july 2007-july 2008 and id have to get the rest of my trip done by July 18th, at this stage my face had lost all colour and i was cursing trailfinders for selling me a duff ticket that cost me over 2000 pounds, Lou explained it was a One world ticket issued by American Airlines and could One world or American Airlines do anything, he gave us their number and address, Lou said not to worry and we would get it sorted out. We met Lou's mum and dad in the cafe and they asked why the long face and i sadi im a horse.....no i did not really, i just thought id throw in a wise crack to see if you were reading this blog cover to cover or just looking at the pretty pictures....lol, So we had a cup of tea at the cafe and we had a plate of chips to share between the four of us and some mayo yummy, so me and lou explined the issue and Lou's mum and dad said not to worry and im in Mexico and it will all get sorted, we then headed off along the longenst avenue in mexico city and the world and we turned off through the pink district which has various boutiques and streets named after citys like geneva and london and cobbled strrets and wrought iron little fences and small privet hedges and various hotels and id imagine they are not cheap. We passed the golden angel and Lou said its better than the one in Berlin, but i have never been to Berlin and so i couldnt comment.

We got to the American Airlines office and th lady there was so helpful unlike her American counterparts, so the lady explained that the LAN guy did not know what he was talking about and was full of BS, she explained that they would take Lou's home number and put me on standby for an earlier flight and that my ticket was Dec-Dec and so i changed all my flights from Oz all the way through to my flight from Mubai back to the UK, about 9 flights and no grumbles from her and she tried to get everything for the dates i wanted all very close. She explined that my new flights would need to be confirmed a few days before ech flight, this is because my orignal flights were confirmed at point of purchase and now i have new dates these have to be confirmed, so its one extra thing i need to do, but im sure i will manage.

I was alittle mislead as to the costs of this ticket, it seems only route changes or removing or adding flights incurs a charge, changing dates incurs no charge, so i got thes new dates free/gratis which was even better, so my mood changed and the colour returned to my face, id said earlier id be drinking tequilla later because of the stress, but no need all was sorted, we then went past the world trade centre and along to the Mexican national university and both Lou's parents studied here, Lou goes to the Panamerican Uni.

The Uni is called Uni city as it is massive and is like a city in a city, its massive and it has its own bus system, anyway we went to the museum at the Uni, well first we stopped in the Cafe and Lou's dad had something to eat as he was hungry again and i was encouraged to help him finish his fries and he all had a sparkling apple juice. We went round the museum which was intresting to a point as most of the info was in spanish and i could work some of it out, further in was a an arcelogical exhibit and it was in english aswell as spanish which was good and further in was some science stuff that you could play around with and the big kid that i am i did😊

After that we drove through the Uni and Lou's dad pointed out the various campus for each faculty and then i took a pic of the main building and of the main stadium were the national football team plays and also were the footie team the Pumas play, we then stopped at Chili's for dinner and anyone who has been to Chili's(they are an American chain, they maybe in Canada aswell?) will know they dont cater for veggies and so me and Lou had to order a chicken dish with no chicken.......lol, i quesdiallas with cheese and was helping Lou'finsh her curly fries and soon afterwards Lou's brother joined us for dinner and we had a good time and chatting about excting stuff like the england football team and rude words in spanish....lol.

Afterwards we headed back in Lou's brothers car, not sure f i have said but in certain areas of the city the bus's have there only lanes and run in the oppostite direction to the flow of traffic? and also the Mexican metro runs on rubber wheels as appose to everywere else in the world were the subway-metro-underground trains run on metal wheels.

We got back and Lou's mum and dad had beaten us back, they must know some short cuts?

So we got back and me and Lou watched a double bill of Heros and then i headed off to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb