Mexico-dead good


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
November 4th 2007
Published: November 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ooh neat wordplay pat.
k.
Mexico City is really big.like super double well big. theres 25 MILLION people in the city.its in 3 states.and its awesome.
theres soo much to do in and around mexicity (that ones mine,winAr), more museums than there are people in Iceland and an incredible amount of history and heritage. im going to use a very limited vocabulary in this as everything here is really big and i only know a few ways of saying big.bear with me.
Theres a real large cathedral on front of our hostel which bags bells all day.its built not only on the site but actually using the same stones as the pyramid temple thing which was there before.Montezuma sat on it.Bastard spaniards, thats really quite rude. but its beautiful inside so its ok. Contrary to many people opinion Mexico is pretty well organised.the tubes the best ive ever seen, i dont normally care but its so cheap and efficient ill rave about it.plus theres loadsa crazy people on it doing crazy things. the people here are pretty friendly and dont really hassle you too much but if your a yanqui then it can be a bit less cool, which is hilarious for me but not for the patriots. but this is trivial, the main thing about Mexico City is:

The Day of the Dead



its actually like 3 days really and its amazing.everyone gets all dead.its kinda liek halloween but times 32948239012308. Myth has it that on this day the souls of the dead ones return to earth to hang out with loved ones.there are tributes and offerings to the dead everywhere and the main ceremony takes place in the cemetary. everyone dresses up as skeletons or something dead and theres statues and paintings and instalations put up all over of deadness.i like it. its more of a general mood and get together thana massive party as its a family thing in its essence.you go about your biznaz in the day but its all dead themed and weird.at night theres crazy goings on in the centre which is neat.
on the actual day of the dead i went to Teotihuacan which is the oldest and biggest city of pre-columbian america. its so old they dont even know who built it, only who moved into it later.which was forever ago.The name means "the place where men become gods". i tested this and i believe it to be false. theres a couple pyramids to the sun and moon, a long Avenue of the Dead where sacrifices happened and temples to various gods. my birthday makes my personal god, like a star sign, quetzlcoatl, whos the main man.a feathered serpent whos the boss of you so watch out. The pyramid of the Sun is the 3rd largest in the world and its really high.the steps are old clearly and not very good so its a bit of a mission but rad at the top.

We also felt it to be fitting to check out this exhibition on the torture equiptment of the Inquisition. it was alot bigger than i thought and they had loadsa of genuine pain toys.
seriously though, there was some SICK AS HELL stuff going on in the Inquisition.i wont go into but oh my god.oh.my.god.
Its been well fun ending our trip here and seeing the day of the dead and all the other cool stuff, kinda sucked that in a state in the south theres massive flooding and almost a million people are homeless while everyone else is partying but such is life.im super grateful for everything i have and have done,i never fully understood how lucky i am,and to be honest nobody does.One thing ive seen is that someone else is always worse off than you, no matter whats going on in your life. This is the last blog for now and ill be back in inglind in a couple days anyway to irritate everyone by telling the same stories over and over again.unlucky.
PEACE.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

a wall of skullsa wall of skulls
a wall of skulls

recurring theme
yss! yss!
yss!

skeluchador wrestling
i can do thati can do that
i can do that

annoying rope tho, huff.
a real zapatistaa real zapatista
a real zapatista

this is what my army will look like.watch out.
a few of the protestersa few of the protesters
a few of the protesters

i wont show the women.
i think this chic is La Katrinai think this chic is La Katrina
i think this chic is La Katrina

there was a whole super long road covered in these
awaw
aw

The tall stalk in the middle is a huge flower which hasent yet blossomed.neato


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb