Teotihuacan Piramides


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
March 23rd 2007
Published: March 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hostel Amigos is such a fun place, last night there was a massive party and this morning our group had doubled in size. We went off to see the pyramids, avoiding the tour and catching the metro which is 2 pesos a ticket, so for about 8p it will take you anywhere. We then got a bus, on a route known for bandits, but apart from the bullet hole in the window we saw no trouble.

The pyramids are pretty impressive, the Piramide del Sol being the third largest in the world. Baking hot, we climbed the pyramids, soaked up the sun and the Patlachique culture, earning ourselves a beer in a restaurant whilst gazing at the pyramids.

Desgraciademente, unfortunately, that midday beer wasn´t enough, after street tacos back in Mexico City we couldn´t walk past the bar in the hostel and whilst sampling some local produce were cajolled into booking onto a wrestling trip bartering some free tequilas into the deal. It wasn´t till afterwards we were told glasses didn´t come into it.

By the time one of the wrestlers appeared in a pink tutu and pretended to bum the other wrestlers in another fake fight, I could take no more of the wrestling show and went in search of beer at a local bar. Desgraciademente, it wasn´t till we were sat down that we looked around and realised we were in a brothel!

But we made more friends on the trip and after went out in search of more fun, we negotiated our way into a roof terrace bar with a live band and then went onto a Salsa club. I don´t have many details from this point on but I do remember salsa dancing with a mexican with one eye missing. Less said the better.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb